The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins | Sunday, November 28th, 2021 @ 4:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

34 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It would be kinda sweet if this Boston game was the turning point in the season. Because we’ll it’s Boston and it could be talked about for a long time. No expectations, just saying 

Only way that happens is if we get smoked and Green is fired and not permitted to get on the team plane.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

As long as the effort is there, I'm still cheering.

I'm still cheering for them anyway, of course, but a poor effort is not good entertainment.

If a guy's banged up or something, ok, but lazy line changes and whippet-assed whiffs backchecking is not.

Everybody's gotta get their nose dirty.

Cheat a bit; hell, they call us anyway.

But care.

Just need to see a win. Everyone does. Fans and players. Last game they played hard. Hope they bring that again tonight.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Toffoli - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Motte - Lammikko/Graovac - MacEwen

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Edler - Hamonic

Sigh.  There you go JB.  What should have been (and fits under the cap).

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It made us laugh so mission accomplished. 

Yep, and usually he's quite dry so I find it refreshing that he's trying to keep a sense of humour.  We have to, this is too painful if we don't.

Have to have a glimmer of light in between the darkness every now and then.  Green might not find it amusing....but he also isn't immune from scrutiny in all of this.  The ball's in his court now (along with the players of course) if they want it to stop.  There's one way to do that at this point.

I just CAN'T see them staying this low in the basement for too long.  Although I'm not really expecting playoffs, even if I secretly hope for them, I'm sure they'll get some reprieve soon and win some of these games that they really should be.  Just have to find a way to get it in the net....more efficient shooting form more dangerous areas.  Crash that damn crease and reserve your spaces in the slot.  No more perimeter stuff.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Toffoli - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Motte - Lammikko/Graovac - MacEwen

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Edler - Hamonic

Sigh.  There you go JB.  What should have been (and fits under the cap).

Zero percent chance that’s under 81.5m 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

The decision making this year is head scratching. Benning going free agent crazy looks more like a shot gun tactic. Probably figure he’d hit one one of the signings. But none have looked that great. Bottom 6 is gutted. No leadership. No balance to the line up.

Even look at our baby Canucks. I look at the line up down on the farm and it’s a bunch of AHL vets with our kids shoved down to the bottom lines or sitting. Looks just as cluttered as the big club does.

Shotgun tactics are an act of last defence, the walls are closing in and you fire one last shot to save your life…that’s how this season looks and feels.

To your point, the coaching situation. How can you let your coach hang in there while you are actively looking to replace him. Have some &^@#ing mercy…remove Green and replace him with Shaw while you search. This is so unprofessional. No matter how much I am tired of Green, no one deserves this!

Source?

Did I miss something factual? 

1 hour ago, Canucks-12 said:

No Pods on the PP?

Dowling with Petey and Pods again? 
Halak playing the tougher opponent?

Green knows he’s gone so he’s just screwing over the Canucks even more. 

Ugh so frustrating, can’t wait until we have a new coaching staff. 

Yep that's right, coach is screwing us over and wants us to loose :picard:

• Cheers 1