The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yep. I've wanted to see Bo with actual quality wingers for a long time now, and we're seeing the result. 

I don't think Bo is being unreasonable asking for something in the 7's. Seems like maybe if they are going to get this done, they'd better do it soon. 

He's had a mishmash of linemates over the years, at least at even strength. Sure, he gets to play with some great talent on the powerplay but you get maybe a few of those a game if you're lucky. Who he plays with at even strength has always mattered. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, JM_ said:

they've maybe had better line mates than Bo. Bo has been saddled with some pretty awful wingers, what he's managed to do with what he's been thrown his way is remarkable imo. 

Maybe not always awful, but its been a rotating door... Since day one.

• Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yep. I've wanted to see Bo with actual quality wingers for a long time now, and we're seeing the result. 

I don't think Bo is being unreasonable asking for something in the 7's. Seems like maybe if they are going to get this done, they'd better do it soon. 

The best way to get Bo consistent, quality wingers, is to finally acquire the legit 3C you've been fighting @Coconutsand I over all summer :P. That forces the coach to put Horvat in to the top 6 role he's more suited for, with higher quality wingers.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The best way to get Bo consistent, quality wingers, is to finally acquire the legit 3C you've been fighting @Coconutsand I over all summer :P. That forces the coach to put Horvat in to the top 6 role he's more suited for, with higher quality wingers.

wasn't fighting you guys at all, actually. I've wanted a 3C here since Sutter went down. 

Like Bo's agent has said he is a 1c.If we can't keep him in a 2c spot he is not used right.

Over the last couple years he is a top 30 goal scorer.To me that's worth as much if not more then Miller.You give Bo a playmaker winger and he might be top ten in the league.

So we either sign him now for what he has asked and trade Miller and another 5 plus mill guy or trade him while he is hot and get a king's ransom.

Either way we win as a team going forward.

Edited by cripplereh

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

A lot of those goals are coming from primary assists by Miller.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Do you have a site that breaks it down, who scored with who?

nah only 10 of his 31 goals last season and just 2 of his 10 goals this season are primary assist from miller.. so i wouldn't say a lot.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Like Bo's agent has said he is a 1c.If we can't keep him in a 2c spot he is not used right.

Over the last couple years he is a top 30 goal scorer.To me that's worth as much if not more then Miller.You give Bo a playmaker winger and he might be top ten in the league.

So we either sign him now for what he has asked and trade Miller and another 5 plus kill guy or trade him while he is hot and get a king's ransom.

Losing Bo to keep JTM and BB would be as big a failure for this franchise as loosing Markstrom, Toffoli and Tanev for nothing.  
‘At least it would be a tanking move because a team built around JTM and BB would be an epic disaster especially if Myers is still around having a chaos contest with JT. 

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

So we either sign him now for what he has asked and trade Miller and another 5 plus mill guy or trade him while he is hot and get a king's ransom.

A legit 3C to help shoulder some of the defensive zone faceoffs, PK/match up minutes etc and keep Horvat in the top 6 with better quality wingers and we likely see him in the 70+ point range.

A proper 3C is right up there with top 4 RHD as glaring, neon holes on our roster.

• Cheers 2

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Losing Bo to keep JTM and BB would be as big a failure for this franchise as loosing Markstrom, Toffoli and Tanev for nothing.  
‘At least it would be a tanking move because a team built around JTM and BB would be an epic disaster especially if Myers is still around having a chaos contest with JT. 

Depends what we would get back.Maybe nobody wants BB or Miller then what we lose Bo for nothing?

Better to get an awesome trade if we can then roll the dice and screw the team.

19 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i say the improve scoring from horvat isn't only because of improved linemates.. but improved zone deployments also have a big factor into it. he's about 5-6% higher in offensive zone start compared to last year. he's almost at 49% offensive zone start this season 

Damn, it's almost as if he's miscast as a defensive center but has largely had to play that role because of inept management..

I wonder where I've heard that before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Damn, it's almost as if he's miscast as a defensive center but has largely had to play that role because of inept management..

I wonder where I've heard that before.

He's not miscast. Horvat is a meat and potatoes type of player that every team needs. He can really do everything.

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He's not miscast. Horvat is a meat and potatoes type of player that every team needs. He can really do everything.

I believe he is, and have for a long while. Horvat can hold his own defensively and he's a faceoff ace, but his deployment also reflects managements inability to find someone who can capably take more of those defensive/matchup minutes away from him.

He can hold his own but he doesn't resemble anything akin to a Kesler style player imo. He should absolutely be playing more of a primary offensive role, so him getting more balanced deployment is great.

I don't need you to tell me what Horvat is capable of, I was arguing his value all summer long.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2