The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He doesn’t mention re-signing Boeser at 6+ and Miller for 8 on this list either.  

Current management has earmarked a little less than 5+7+8 (20 mil) to the wings this offseason signing Mikhayev, and resigning Boeser and Miller.  

Would be very curious how this much ballyhooed management group came to these decisions… are they simply saying if Horvat doesn’t sign for a bargain, they’re fine moving on?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Trade 1:

To van:

Sean Monahan 

Sean Farrel

To mtl:

Brock Boeser

Trade 2:

To Van:

Martin Necas

Scott Morrow

2023 1st round pick

2024 2nd round pick

To Car:

Bo Horvat

Downgrade a bit but get some good young pieces including a potential top 4 RD in morrow

Canes view Morrow as untouchable now adays

3 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

Jim Benning did some dumb stuff for this franchise but if the Boho situation is botched that is firmly on Allvin's shoulders.  

For sure. This whole situation has been poorly managed. Imagine where this team would have been had Gillis been given the green light to tear down the ineffective team in 2012. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That's the way it needs to go.........but likely won't.

I don’t know. With Voracek out, Columbus seems like an ideal trade partner for Miller. I could see Rutherford justifying a Miller trade to resign Bo, while acquiring some defence at the same time. It checks so many boxes, including “trading some players they didn’t want to.”

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

He doesn’t mention re-signing Boeser at 6+ and Miller for 8 on this list either.  

Current management has earmarked a little less than 5+7+8 (20 mil) to the wings this offseason signing Mikhayev, and resigning Boeser and Miller.  

Would be very curious how this much ballyhooed management group came to these decisions… are they simply saying if Horvat doesn’t sign for a bargain, they’re fine moving on?

Seems that way. What does it say regarding being a long term, team first guy? 

I’m not sure what long term plan they have, if any, at this point. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I don’t know. With Voracek out, Columbus seems like an ideal trade partner for Miller. I could see Rutherford justifying a Miller trade to resign Bo, while acquiring some defence at the same time. It checks so many boxes, including “trading some players they didn’t want to.”

I can’t. I think management sees more long term benefit in Miller than Horvat. I’d love for your scenario to play out though. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

For sure. This whole situation has been poorly managed. Imagine where this team would have been had Gillis been given the green light to tear down the ineffective team in 2012. 

Not possible, with Aquaman as owner.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

We’ll have to see how it all plays out.

If Bo can get us a much better package and goes on to sign a 9 million dollar deal things will look different.

Also trading him would likely hurt our chances of winning and possibly drop us down to a top 5 pick.

I hope so.

I really  hope we nail this trade and it helps us get us into that top echelon of this special draft class. Hopeful / wishful 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don’t understand how he ever thinks that’s a good idea, seeing as how it’s ended up resulting in a goal against. 

He is just trying his hardest to earn, his retirement deal by giving the impression, he is a hard worker..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Not possible, with Aquaman as owner.

True. Even if this new management group is canned within three years, they’ll be replaced with another group that’s content on maintaining more of the same mediocre status quo that results in this team doing nothing and going nowhere.