The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

15 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It's not just about this year though, that's the entire point. 

Bergergon is 37, he's be 38 in July. He wasn't even a guarantee to come back for this season. Maybe he comes back next season but that doesn't change the fact that the clock is ticking and they don't have much in the system in the way of center's or center prospects who are close to stepping into top six roles. Krejci is 36, he's be 37 in April. These guys aren't gonna carry the bag forever. 

This is why Boston pops up as a potential landing spot, because Boston has a roster that's largely built to compete from the D on up. Their top end, cup winning guys aren't getting any younger though. Even Marchand will be 35 in May. Bo will be 28 in April, he offers them a bit more longevity at center. They don't appear to have an in-house option that'll step up any time soon. Sure, they've got some center prospects but none of them look close. 

I think Miller looks good there

So much for being optimistic when Benning got fired. I’ll eat crow if I have to over the next couple years but I see another Management change happening when PA’s contract is up. We need an Anton Lundell type return on Bo here if possible in order to get some quality, not quantity. 

The shit show circus continues. 

8 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’ll just be cheering for Bo for the rest of the season. Hope he gets treated with respect and wins the cup

Same, I'll root for him wherever he goes and I hope he gets that cup. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why? He's had to carry the team for years now he owes us nothing imo.

Yuppp, years of being saddled with subpar linemates. He's been on pace for 25 goals over a full season or better the last five seasons leading up to this one. He's played PK, he's played powerplay, he's been our primary faceoff guy, he's carried a defensive load he shouldn't have had to because of our inability to properly back him up. If only Sutter could have stayed healthy, him and Beagle were the only real backup Bo's had down the middle defensively for years. 

We've absolutely gotten our money's worth out of Bo. He's been full value. 

Just now, RWJC said:

I think Miller looks good there

I've floated it in the past but the feedback I've generally gotten is that Miller isn't a true center. If they'd take him I'd do it though, absolutely. I think they'd prefer Horvat though, he's younger and a legit top six center who doesn't need to sheltered. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

trade miller and bo, sign Larkin in offseason, Kuzmenko and a right shot D and 3C, boom 

Larkin is a Michigan guy, Detroit actually looks decent this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-sign with the Wings. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

You all realize the reason Bo hasn’t resigned yet is because he’s agreed to go to a contender at the deadline to help bring in assets before resigning for a discount in the off-season right?

#truecaptain

Don’t pull on my heart strings like that 

I love Bo and he’s absolutely one of my favorite players. I’m torn. I think Bo should max out at 7.5 a year at most, and even that might be a little high. I certainly don’t want to lose him but I understand the business side of it. I like Miller, but Bo should have been priority from management. This management group has backed themselves into a corner. You guys can sit there all day and say Benning left them with nothing to work with, but at the end of the day, the only productive thing I’ve seen from new management was snagging Kuzmenko. I hope we find a way to keep Bo. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

You all realize the reason Bo hasn’t resigned yet is because he’s agreed to go to a contender at the deadline to help bring in assets before resigning for a discount in the off-season right?

#truecaptain

I would sacrifice a few months of Bo if he did that. Would be incredible. But so unrealistic :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

For all you cap wizards out there, which teams can afford to pay Bo 8+ million in free agency?

Washington for one, particularly if it looks like Backstrom won't be coming back. Carolina could potentially do it, they have a lot of cap coming off the books. Pacioretty's expiring 7M alone would cover most of it. Boston could absolutely use a younger center as they'll need one to replace Bergeron eventually. He'll be 38 before next season starts. Would take some doing on their part capwise though, they're a bit tighter.

Potentially Detroit as they've got a bunch of cap coming off the books. Buffalo could swing it but they look pretty good with Thompson and Cozens. 

I'm sure other teams would be willing to make space. 

• Cheers 3

Columbus could certainly pay him if they could find a taker for Voracek's last year (one season remaining after this one at 8.25M). It'd be worth paying to dump him for them if Horvat had interest in signing there tbh, Voracek's money would go right to Horvat. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/columbus-blue-jackets-jakub-voracek-injury-status/c-338415390

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, DeltaSwede said:

90% of CDC wanted Bo traded and Miller re-signed. Here we are with what seems to become the outcome. 

Now however, 90% of CDC want Bo re-signed and Miller traded. 

Miller thread had what, close to a thousand pages? It was very much divided on what to do with him. A lot of us wanted a haul for Miller. A lot wanted him re-signed. It definitely wasn't a 90/10 situation. He was the most debated topic up until he signed. As for Horvat, there are a lot that want him traded. And a lot that want him re-signed. Again, it's not a 90/10 situation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Washington for one, particularly if it looks like Backstrom won't be coming back. Carolina could potentially do it, they have a lot of cap coming off the books. Pacioretty's expiring 7M alone would cover most of it. Boston could absolutely use a younger center as they'll need one to replace Bergeron eventually. He'll be 38 before next season starts. Would take some doing on their part capwise though, they're a bit tighter.

Potentially Detroit as they've got a bunch of cap coming off the books. Buffalo could swing it but they look pretty good with Thompson and Cozens. 

I'm sure other teams would be willing to make space. 

I would think Bo would possibly only sign with Carolina then, as they're legitimate contenders whereas Boston will regress soon enough, and the other teams you've mentioned aren't much better than the Canucks - maybe Detroit, I guess.