The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 minute ago, billabong said:

The whole Miller over horvat thing is a little silly as they SHOULD trade both 

but if it comes down to trading the guy who you can get the biggest return for and keeping the other then they made the right call I guess :blink:

I mean we could have traded Miller and kept Horvat. There was a path there. 

But if we're moving Bo, there's zero reason to keep Miller here and yes, they should be moving both. There's zero chance we're cup competitive in what's left of Miller's prime.

Bo to CAR, Miller to NYI's.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

But if we're moving Bo, there's zero reason to keep Miller here and yes, they should be moving both. There's zero chance we're cup competitive in what's left of Miller's prime.

Still is. Miller for pennies on the dollar. We aren’t getting multiple firsts or prospects but at this point worth trading for the cap space and option of re-signing Bo.

Edited by DrJockitch

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

Yeah we lose Bo we aren't getting better right away that's for sure. 

5 years out imo if it’s done perfectly. We need to find out if Petey and Hughes want to stick around. If there’s any suspicion they won’t I’d be trading them too for the highest bidder 

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Now they are stuck with a situation where who's gonna take Miller's contract with that duration. I'm not sure Miller is nearly as tradeable now as he was last year.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Does anyone really have confidence that they can get a solid return for Bo the closer we get to the deadline?

They couldn’t do it with Miller, what’s gonna change with Bo?

They’ve shown every other team their hand. 

Absolutely not. Rutherford is a shit hockey op.

I have a feeling he’s a meddler.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Does anyone really have confidence that they can get a solid return for Bo the closer we get to the deadline?

They couldn’t do it with Miller, what’s gonna change with Bo?

They’ve shown every other team their hand. 

I think they did get a decent offer for Miller and they choose to reject it.

Bo Horvat is has alot more respect around the league. There are no questions about his leadership or attitude. In theory we should get a very good return for Horvat.

My confidence like yours is not very high though 

• Cheers 1

Now they are stuck with a situation where who's gonna take Miller's contract with that duration. I'm not sure Miller is nearly as tradeable now as he was last year.

It might be to a team that is desperate for star power. With the cap going up 8 mil is reasonable for a top 6 player.

That being said the return would be minimal. Cap space is all that we would be looking for.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

5 years out imo if it’s done perfectly. We need to find out if Petey and Hughes want to stick around. If there’s any suspicion they won’t I’d be trading them too for the highest bidder 

If the plan is full rebuild, then 100%. Fans need to be prepared to see really bad hockey then. I'm ok with the team being bad as long as it's working toward something (high picks, good prospects, cap room) knowing the future is bright. The future right now looks just as it did 5 years ago...mediocre bubble team who's just happy to be playing meaningful games in March. 

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

It might be to a team that is desperate for star power. With the cap going up 8 mil is reasonable for a top 6 player.

That being said the return would be minimal. Cap space is all that we would be looking for.

Agreed, at some point getting rid of his salary would be more important than the return. 

With OEL, if we retain 1M on his contract than that's a 6.25M contract, which is good value for a defenseman of his caliber. We could get a great return.

With Horvat, you'd have to think Colorado or Columbus would be a great destination. With the Jackets, they won't give up Johnson or Jiricek but they might be willing to forfeit Sillinger. If they were willing, we'd have to move Horvat to them. Then there's Schenn and Kuzmenko, both of whom will fetch a good return. In the offseason, Miller, Boeser, OEL, Myers and Garland should all be candidates to get moved. At the deadline though, you focus on moving Horvat, Schenn and Kuz. 

PS if we can get Newhook and/or Byram as part of the return for Bo, we've got a great situation. Byram could be groomed to replace OEL and Newhook is a hometown guy and probably a good 2C down the road. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Still is.

"Theoretically" sure. In practice, it sure sounds like Bo wants to see his options this summer. Good for him.

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Miller for pennies on the dollar. We aren’t getting multiple firsts or prospects but at this point worth trading for the cap space and option of re-signing Bo.

3 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

As for Miller's value... He's still a +/-1PPG power forward who can win draws/pinch in at C, and is signed to an absolute steal of an expiring contract, and a below market value extension with cost certainty.

He still has value to "win now" teams.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Bo for Kotkaniemi (Cap and potential), Morrow and a 1st

Miller for Bailey, Wahlstrom and a 2nd.

-Kotkaniemi - Get a long term (Too long) C at a lower cap than Bo now.  He does the right things, but offense needs to come back and I bet it will.

-Morrow - Get a top 4 RD prospect who is close to NHL ready

-Bailey (Cap neutralizer who we can flip again next year for a late pick)

-Wahlstrom - Top six prospect who could develop into a Miller like player in a couple years

-Picks - Just builds our chances to build our own pipeline of propects

Gain some assets and gain cap flexibility to meet some other needs in FA, waivers (Don't get me started here) or other trades

If the plan is full rebuild, then 100%. Fans need to be prepared to see really bad hockey then. I'm ok with the team being bad as long as it's working toward something (high picks, good prospects, cap room) knowing the future is bright. The future right now looks just as it did 5 years ago...mediocre bubble team who's just happy to be playing meaningful games in March. 

Yup I might even lose interest. I’m not sure at this point. Maybe they do something to get me excited about the future but right now I don’t know.

Just now, morrissex95 said:

With OEL, if we retain 1M on his contract than that's a 6.25M contract, which is good value for a defenseman of his caliber. We could get a great return.

With Horvat, you'd have to think Colorado or Columbus would be a great destination. With the Jackets, they won't give up Johnson or Jiricek but they might be willing to forfeit Sillinger. If they were willing, we'd have to move Horvat to them. Then there's Schenn and Kuzmenko, both of whom will fetch a good return. In the offseason, Miller, Boeser, OEL, Myers and Garland should all be candidates to get moved. At the deadline though, you focus on moving Horvat, Schenn and Kuz. 

PS if we can get Newhook and/or Byram as part of the return for Bo, we've got a great situation. Byram could be groomed to replace OEL and Newhook is a hometown guy and probably a good 2C down the road. 

If we trade for Byram I am going to lose my sh*t. The kid is so bloody injury prone - another Ferland all over again.