The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

6 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

This is your daily reminder that we all bore witness to a piece of beautiful, incomparable, exquisite history: 

“Loui is an excellent two-way forward, an elite scorer and playmaker with great defensive instincts,” said General Manager Jim Benning. “He is an accomplished player who helps our team now and in the future as a leader and role model for our young players to follow. We’re excited to have Loui join our team and help us compete every night.”

Too bad he became the exact opposite, after the retirement gift.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Wouldn't mind Bo to Detroit(some nice prospects/& he likes them)..could work for both sides.

Then on Miller, instruct BB to bust his balls at every turn - don't hold up at all. Either shape up, buddy, or ship out!

Detroit won't trade for him, they may sign him as a FA though.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bo is on pace for 59 goals and 85 pts

JT 32 goals and 76 pts. 

So this year JT is not on pace for 30% more points and is the older player and is worse on FO. 

It’s great Bo is having his career year.  If we do trade him (which I doubt our owner will allow) then the return should be like what we got for Linden.  And we all know how that turned out.  

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

I would give my left nut to know what that recent offer was. Is management not willing to give him Miller’s contract number? Or have they offered him something in that range and he feels that he deserves more.

I think it was posted a couple pages back the offer we made was 8x8.  And Bo said no.  

His pk and defensive play was pretty good but holy crap the puck died on his stick. 

Not really.  He simply didn't care and floated constantly while refusing to break a sweat.  He was absolute trash in every zone and frankly did absolutely nothing of any value.  Laziest sack of **** since the Lays eating cancer.

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

They should've tried harder to resign him before the season started.  That's their error.

I know but that’s kind of what I’m saying. Why didn’t they? It has always seemed odd why they prioritize Miller. There’s something to that. I feel like most of us aren’t getting the full picture here.

• Like 1

His pk and defensive play was pretty good but holy crap the puck died on his stick. 

I chalk it all down to confidence at the end.  He was never a sniper.  He was more a net front guy banging in loose change.  He wasn't that player for us though.  Wouldn't engage in front of the net as much.  But still, I think he lacked confidence or the willingness to do what he needed to do to score those greasy goals.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Have no idea. I'm usually hiking in the mtns, or daydreaming/rejecting SNS..would be the last 1 to hear.

Bo for KK + Morrow + first.  I’d be fine with that.  Providing we don’t trade away Morrow and or that first t9 bring in another more developed guy like Dermott, Bear, or Stillman.  

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

His picture should be plastered in front of any Canuck GM, that is contemplating of signing a player 29/30, that just had a career year, to a long term gamble.  Hopefully, Millers picture will not join him on the wall but chances are good it will 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I know but that’s kind of what I’m saying. Why didn’t they? It has always seemed odd why they prioritize Miller. There’s something to that. I feel like most of us aren’t getting the full picture here.

They tried to play hardball, trying to save every cent most likely.  No clue.  At first it seemed like Bo was going to sign and Miller was the one that probably wasn't the way management was talking at the end of last season.