The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

6 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Honestly I have no idea. All I know is I wouldn't travel around Canada at Christmas time. Asking for trouble :lol:

The Alf’s went a couple Christmas’s to visit the in-laws on the farm in southern Alberta back when first married.  Then the in-laws all moved out here because it was too friggin’ cold there! :lol:  

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Does his concussion history worry you at all? He’s played 59 games and missed 90 over the last 3 years. I like the player but as the main piece I’m a little gun-shy after Ferland.

Seemed to do fine with the avs this year after his issues last year. This injury he is getting over now was lower body. Sometimes you take a risk. A reward of Hughes Byram tandem is huge if it hits. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zerofaith said:

Bo for macvoy I’d look at as the main deal with additional piece like rathbone going too. 

Hockey trade for both teams.

Why the hell would BOS trade away arguably a top 5 D in the entire league? Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE McAvoy...but that's never happening. Maybe in a few years if they can't transition to a McAvoy/Pastrnak core and they go in to a rebuild, but now?!?!

Should have just drafted him instead of OJ. Somebody call Doc and Marty.

40 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would prefer in this order:

1. Byram and Newhook

2. Lysell and Carlo

3. Jarvis and Morrow

4. Roslovic and Peeke 

I wonder if CBJ would be desperate enough to include Jiricek in a deal.  He is the exact blueprint of a Hughes future partner.

Roslovic?  No thanks. 

Byram and Newhook is a pipe dream.  doubt the canes want to let go of jarvis

Edited by EddieVedder

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Roslovic?  No thanks. 

Byram and Newhook is a pipe dream.  doubt the canes want to let go of jarvis

Don’t want Newhook.  He’s craperolla.  So is Girard.  Only a stupid GM would trade Bo for that level of terrible.

Its got to be Byram or we trade Bo (who I think we sign actually, so it’s moo) to a different club.  Screw the Avs.  Byram our pound sand. 

49 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would prefer in this order:

1. Byram and Newhook

2. Lysell and Carlo

3. Jarvis and Morrow

4. Roslovic and Peeke 

I wonder if CBJ would be desperate enough to include Jiricek in a deal.  He is the exact blueprint of a Hughes future partner.

I don't believe COL would let Byram go.

The Carlo and Lysell return is intriguing. 

eventually:

Lysell - Pettersson - Podkolzin/Lekkerimaki

Hughes - Carlo

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't believe COL would let Byram go.

The Carlo and Lysell return is intriguing. 

eventually:

Lysell - Pettersson - Podkolzin/Lekkerimaki

Hughes - Carlo

I could see the Avs moving Byram for a piece they believe will get them the Cup this year.  Mac is soon to eat 12.6 mil out of a cap that ain’t going up.  So it’s win now or their window slams shut. 

Just now, Alflives said:

I could see the Avs moving Byram for a piece they believe will get them the Cup this year.  Mac is soon to eat 12.6 mil out of a cap that ain’t going up.  So it’s win now or their window slams shut. 

What about Byram's health issues? It could be a big gamble, as good as he is. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Alf’s went a couple Christmas’s to visit the in-laws on the farm in southern Alberta back when first married.  Then the in-laws all moved out here because it was too friggin’ cold there! :lol:  

Where in Southern Alberta? It was a balmy -32 today in Medicine Hat. Then there was the wind chill to boot. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, John McClane said:

Where in Southern Alberta? It was a balmy -32 today in Medicine Hat. Then there was the wind chill to boot. 

Between Nanton, Lethbridge, and Vulcan.  Several 1000 acres.  Loved Nanton.  Absolutely one of the most beautiful spots there is.  But crap!  Winters (the wind!) were cold.  

I very much like Medicine Hat.  In the summer.  Seriously, love Medicine Hat and all the smaller prairie cites.  

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

What about Byram's health issues? It could be a big gamble, as good as he is. 

IMHAO Byram (if we can get him for Bo) is worth the risk.  I’d then move Hughes for a top six (young) defensively minded centre.  Not too sure who that is though?  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Between Nanton, Lethbridge, and Vulcan.  Several 1000 acres.  Loved Nanton.  Absolutely one of the most beautiful spots there is.  But crap!  Winters (the wind!) were cold.  

I very much like Medicine Hat.  In the summer.  Seriously, love Medicine Hat and all the smaller prairie cites.  

I lived in both High River and Lethbridge. I know all the areas in between. The wife loves Nanton for all of its antique stores. Medicine Hat it a great little city in the summer time. Lots of places to go hiking, biking and swimming. 

• Like 1