The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

3 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Source?

BO said himself he wants to wait until after the season to start negotiating again. The Canucks aren’t going to wait until he’s almost a UFA to try and re-sign him. He either re-signs before the TDL or he is traded. JR already confirmed this many times. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BO said himself he wants to wait until after the season to start negotiating again. The Canucks aren’t going to wait until he’s almost a UFA to try and re-sign him. He either re-signs before the TDL or he is traded. JR already confirmed this many times. 

That has been misunderstood and twisted. They’re open to receiving offers but not putting their own forward. Of course our parasitic media leave out that part. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t entirely agree if there are better players you feel that are available take them.

Burke drafted lots of guys that were 6’2 plus 210++ pounds cause we needed a power forward, the best one we got out of that time was Bertuzzi via trade. 

There are quality RHD that come out of every draft. It’s up to the teams to find them. It seems like the Canucks can never find one. It’s not like they are not there.

The last time we drafted a decent RHD was over 20 years ago. I’m pretty sure there have been many, many quality RHD that were drafted over the last 20 years. None of our current or former management teams have been able to find them. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There are quality RHD that come out of every draft. It’s up to the teams to find them. It seems like the Canucks can never find one. It’s not like they are not there.

The last time we drafted a decent RHD was over 20 years ago. I’m pretty sure there have been many, many quality RHD that were drafted over the last 20 years. None of our current or former management teams have been able to find them. 

Yes I understand that but I’m not taking a guy a round and a half early just cause he’s a rhd when better players are available either. 

That has been misunderstood and twisted. They’re open to receiving offers but not putting their own forward. Of course our parasitic media leave out that part. 

It takes two parties to negotiate. If only one party is making an effort and putting in an offer then the chances of a deal getting done is almost zero.

The last offer was slightly higher than Miller’s in total money according to Frank Seravalli. So it was a little above 7x8. Probably less than Petey’s current deal.  It was rejected by BO. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

It takes two parties to negotiate. If only one party is making an effort and putting in an offer then the chances of a deal getting done is almost zero.

The last offer was slightly higher than Miller’s in total money according to Frank Seravalli. So it was a little above 7x8. Probably less than Petey’s current deal.  It was rejected by BO. 

This was debunked by Friedman already, he said while BO’S SIDE will not be submitting any offers, they are willing to listen should Vancouver put offers up. 

Yes I understand that but I’m not taking a guy a round and a half early just cause he’s a rhd when better players are available either. 

If Erik Cernak, Shea Weber or PK Subban are available in the second round, which better players are available?  Or how about when we trade our 2nd round pick for Sven Baertschi and that exact pick is used to draft Rasmus Andersson?  

Too many blunders over the last 20 years to make the excuses that there is always a better player available than a RHD. 

If Erik Cernak, Shea Weber or PK Subban are available in the second round, which better players are available?  Or how about when we trade our 2nd round pick for Sven Baertschi and that exact pick is used to draft Rasmus Andersson?  

Too many blunders over the last 20 years to make the excuses that there is always a better player available than a RHD. 

Good work drafting in hindsight, that is not how actual drafting works. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This was debunked by Friedman already, he said while BO’S SIDE will not be submitting any offers, they are willing to listen should Vancouver put offers up. 

The offer of over $56 million was debunked?  It was confirmed by Frank Seravalli. BO rejected it. He obviously wants more than what Miller is getting. Good for him. I hope some team gives it to him. 

The offer of over $56 million was debunked?  It was confirmed by Frank Seravalli. BO rejected it. He obviously wants more than what Miller is getting. Good for him. I hope some team gives it to him. 

The no negotiating was debunked not the offer. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With the way Miller has come out completely giving up on plays god damn right Bo deserves more. 

The no negotiating was debunked not the offer. 

Sure, I understand. But the offer was real, and it was rejected. The Canucks aren’t paying BO Roope Hintz money. So there won’t be a deal prior to the deadline. If that is the case then there will be a trade. JR already confirmed this. 

Sure, I understand. But the offer was real, and it was rejected. The Canucks aren’t paying BO Roope Hintz money. So there won’t be a deal prior to the deadline. If that is the case then there will be a trade. JR already confirmed this. 

We don’t know that at all, it’ll play out how it plays out. 

With the way Miller has come out completely giving up on plays god damn right Bo deserves more. 

You weren’t saying that last year. It’s easy to say that right now when one player is having a career year and the other is having a slower start to the season similarly to what Petey did last year.

BO’s total body of work is not a Roope Hintz deal. JR isn’t going to pay BO $64 million off of a career year. I’m sorry but it’s not happening. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We don’t know that at all, it’ll play out how it plays out. 

Roope Hintz has more points than BO this year, had 20 more points than BO last year, will be a finalist for the Selke trophy, is over 50% on faceoffs and is also 1 1/2 years younger than BO. His total body of work is better than BO.

If he is at 8.4 than BO at between 7-7.3 is what he is worth. He has already rejected this so he is looking to hit a home run as a UFA. Good for him. Maybe a team will overpay for him in free agency. 

• Cheers 1

By my count there are only 26 RD regulars playing for the team that drafted them, not counting picks in the top 5 -Doughty, Makar, Ekblad, Hedman, Heiskenan, Power and Dahlin. 

Averaging less than one per team Rasmus Andersson woulda, coulda, shoulda been our one. In hindsight.

47 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

• Cheers 1