The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

One of the things about a Bo trade is that, in the upcoming draft, I would say that the odds are pretty good that we'll be selecting a centre in the draft with where we're projected to finish and who's available. If we win the lottery we take Bedard, if we win the 2nd we probably go with Fantilli (or maybe Carlsson), and at the 5th to 8th pick we may end up with someone like Smith, Yager or Dvorsky. Long-term, either guy would slot right into Bo's spot. 

I would like to get Bedard, but if not then Carlson looks the better 200 foot player than Fantilli.  Although Fantilli would be good too.  I just don't want us to do another Benning and select a D who isn't BPA (like he did with OJ) because we need a D.

Just now, aGENT said:

Yeah, no. Like I said, it's at best, condoning homophobia. Period. Which is in fact hateful and ignorant. Period.

He has the freedom to be ignorant and hateful (within the law). I have the freedom to state that his actions are ignorant and hateful.

There is no way we should trade for Provorov.  No chance Bo goes for that idiot.  

IMO the Canucks management team needs to shut up and accept a fair deal not a knock out deal.

They say on their hands waiting for a goldilocks moment with Miller and missed it.  They'll do the same here too.

Teams know full well Horvat is available for free in the off season and they know full well what the Canucks need so they can absolutely low ball them.

Take the Boston deal or Carlo lysell++

Take the Seattle deal for Wright if it exists

Take a fair deal from Carolina

Hell, go poach LA.

I don't care.  Just don't waste time because we absolutely KNOW what will happen.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BO did have the fire at one point.  He lost it like everyone else after all of the losing.  I was a big BO supporter when he first came on.  I just don't see that fire in him anymore though.  He doesn't hit or fight anymore, not passionate like he used to be.  I think it's best for both parties to move on.  BO will love Seattle, it's a great city, I have been there many times.  

Any more?! When has bo ever been a guy that hits and fights? He's never been that guy. He's a heavy guy that does not play like you would expect. He's always been like a sedin in a lot of ways. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, no. Like I said, it's at best, condoning homophobia. Period. Which is in fact hateful and ignorant. Period.

He has the freedom to be ignorant and hateful (within the law). I have the freedom to state that his actions are ignorant and hateful.

So your saying he is scared of the LGBTQ+? He is hateful and ignorant because he does not support that group? 

This new generation of people are ignorant and think they are entitled to everything. Why don't we have a group for straight people? Why can't we bash on them for not being straight. But when it comes to Pride night, we have to show respect and support them or else you are ignorant and hateful?  

You are being ignorant for calling him hateful and ignorant because he doesn't slap on a jersey and support a group. 

3 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

So your saying he is scared of the LGBTQ+? He is hateful and ignorant because he does not support that group? 

This new generation of people are ignorant and think they are entitled to everything. Why don't we have a group for straight people? Why can't we bash on them for not being straight. But when it comes to Pride night, we have to show respect and support them or else you are ignorant and hateful?  

You are being ignorant for calling him hateful and ignorant because he doesn't slap on a jersey and support a group. 

Let's stop dancing around it and hiding behind religion.

Why EXACTLY did he not wish to participate?

Was it because his religion is against wearing colourful hockey jerseys for a few minutes?

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

IMO the Canucks management team needs to shut up and accept a fair deal not a knock out deal.

That may be the end result but barring an injury to Bo they still have time to try and get a bidding war going.

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Was it because his religion is against wearing colourful hockey jerseys for a few minutes?

It could be religion or it could be he simply doesn't support it. But does that make him homophobic or hateful as you are suggesting? 

9 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I know I am doing what I am not supposed to be doing and acting like a mod but seriously....... there is a separate thread for this discussion.

Please take it there, I am here for an escape from politics or other issues and am wanting to talk hockey which is what this thread is about...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/report-seattle-kraken-consistent-pursuit-bo-horvat

I’ve dismissed Seattle as a realistic trade partner, but this is interesting 

I really can’t find anything that Seattle can actually offer they have no prospects. 

jagger Firkus was drafted #35 last year but he’s a winger 

Ty Nelson a RHD seems to have decent numbers drafted #68 last year 

would most likely be a couple of 1sts and B level prospect or go the Shane Wright and a 2nd route 

Edited by Off_The_Schneid!

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol.

Balking at the price of Lysell and a 1st? That’s a horrible offer. Guarantee we’ll be asking for more than that from Boston.

Yeah, these initial reports are underwhelming. When the Canucks are serious, they’ll give permission to talk extensions. Hopefully then we see much larger returns.

he’s over a PPG on a losing team, and top 5 in goals in the entire league … the return has to be significant 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Off_The_Schneid! said:

I really can’t find anything that Seattle can actually offer they have no prospects. 

jagger Firkus was drafted #35 last year but he’s a winger 

Ty Nelson a RHD seems to hav seven numbers drafted #68 last year 

would most likely be a couple of 1sts and B level prospect or go the Shane Wright and a 2nd route 

Wright, Borgen, and Geekie with a sign and trade.

12 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Yeah, these initial reports are underwhelming. When the Canucks are serious, they’ll give permission to talk extensions. Hopefully then we see much larger returns.

he’s over a PPG on a losing team, and top 5 in goals in the entire league … the return has to be significant 

Would rather deal Bo somewhere else than Boston. Need a centre or rd coming back rather than another small winger. Also with Boston it would be a pure futures deal, they wouldn’t trade anything significant off their roster such as Carlo with where they’re at. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

They say on their hands waiting for a goldilocks moment with Miller and missed it.  They'll do the same here too.

Teams know full well Horvat is available for free in the off season and they know full well what the Canucks need so they can absolutely low ball them.

Take the Boston deal or Carlo lysell++

Take the Seattle deal for Wright if it exists

Take a fair deal from Carolina

Hell, go poach LA.

I don't care.  Just don't waste time because we absolutely KNOW what will happen.  

Don't worry, we have 18 assistant GMs working on this.