The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Completely agreed. It seems like that's our new management's MO; patience. I do have issues with playing someone like Hogz, Pearson, Kuzmenko, or Mikheyev on the 4th line. As of right now our forward depth is too good (boy does that feel good to say). I trust our management though, they seem like they know what they're doing!

I have no problem with having Pearson or Hoglander on the fourth line depending on their play.

Pearsons forechecking and ability to win board battles would bring value to the fourth line along with an offensive boost.

Hoglander’s ahustle and playmaking ability, and a chance for him to focus more on the defensive side of the game, could also be valuable.

Kuzmenko Pettersson Podkolzin

Garland Miller Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Mikayev

Pearson Lazar Dickinson 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, combover said:

No but we are 2.7 mill over (cap friendly )the cap right now 

with poolman 2.5m and hoglander 900k listed as out. 
With them back we are 5 mill over. 

Those two are included in the cap neither are on LTIR.

We will be under the cap quite comfortably which is why management was still looking to add a player.

They should have some wiggle room at the very least. And some better depth on the farm should allow us to navigate injuries better.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

We don’t need to trade anyone to re-sign Bo. 

Yup.  Bo’s new contract (when he gets one) won’t start until next season, just like Miller’s.  Factor in Miller’s salary this season, and we are getting him for pretty close to 7.5 per x 8.  I think Bo will sign for around 7 per x 7 more years.  

14 minutes ago, combover said:

No but we are 2.7 mill over (cap friendly )the cap right now 

with poolman 2.5m and hoglander 900k listed as out. 
With them back we are 5 mill over. 

That's not correct. All IR/LTIR players do currently count against cap, so with Ferland guaranteed going onto LTIR, We are about 750k under the cap right now. 
If poolman goes onto LTIR (migraines), we'd be about 3.25m under the cap.

Cap situation is fine.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, combover said:

I read that poolman and hoglander were at the practise if that was true we can’t start the season without trades. 

Could try waiving Dickenson and Poolman but I doubt anyone touch’s either in a trade they’d be the dumps so 
Garland makes the most sense he’s a good player who has value  and would love to keep him but he will most likely he will be  the cost of 8 years of stupid- garland and one of  Dickenson (pearson Poolman) for a minimal return  unfortunately is how I see it playing out. 

Poolman was skating well,.  It’s hockey/ game shape he needs to get to before any decision is made regarding this player..

something any team would want to see regardless of him staying or moving.

He has had unfortunate luck,.  I hope that changes.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

They can fit everything under the cap by pencilling down Kuzmenko, Hoglander, Podkolzin, and Rathbone and then maximizing Ferland’s LTIR.

No trades need to be made.

They probably can't pencil down Kuzmenko or Podkolzin or they won't have the cap space to bring both back up.  

The cap hit for a player that gets recalled after going into LTIR is not the AAV but the AAV with the bonus.  The 7.5% bonus cushion is removed in LTIR so the bonus has to now be accounted for as part of the recall cap hit.  

Podkolzin's cap hit if he starts on the NHL roster is 925K but it's 1.775M if he gets recalled after the start of the season once they are in LTIR.

Kuzmenko 950K vs 1.8M. 

Höglander 892K vs 1.125M - they did that 2 seasons ago (the divisional season) where they papered him down and accepted the higher recall cap hit.  They would have lost more cap space otherwise.

Edited by mll

6 minutes ago, mll said:

They probably can't pencil down Kuzmenko or Podkolzin or they won't have the cap space to bring both back up.  

The cap hit for a player that gets recalled after going into LTIR is not the AAV but the AAV with the bonus.  The 7.5% bonus cushion is removed in LTIR so the bonus has to now be accounted for as part of the recall cap hit.  

Podkolzin's cap hit if he starts on the NHL roster is 925K but it's 1.775M if he gets recalled after the start of the season once they are in LTIR.

Kuzmenko 950K vs 1.8M. 

Höglander 892K vs 1.125M - they did that 2 seasons ago (the divisional season) where they papered him down and accepted the higher recall cap hit.  They would have lost more cap space otherwise.

I don’t pretend to know who will be penciled down.

Bonuses or not they just need to maximize Ferlands LTIR.

56 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

We don’t need to trade anyone to re-sign Bo. 

It’s not about trading anyone to resign Bo , it’s about trading anyone to adress our weaknesses.

Hopefully moving some cap to acquire someone strong in what ever weakness that is deemed to be after the season starts.

Moving Bo or Brock makes sense.

Moving Miller never did.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

It’s not about trading anyone to resign Bo , it’s about trading anyone to adress our weaknesses.

Hopefully moving some cap to acquire someone strong in what ever weakness that is deemed to be after the season starts.

Moving Miller never did.

Moving Bo or Brock doesn’t make sense unless it brings back the equivalent of a 30 goal scorer.

If we’re just trading them for whatever RHD is available it doesn’t make sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Moving Miller never did.

No to Bo unless his agent is being unreasonable,but again I would wait till TDL.Getting a 30 plus center that takes so many faceoffs is impossible to find.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, mll said:

Kuzmenko 950K vs 1.8M. 

Watch these 3 play pin ball this season with the red light flashing non stop.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Moving Bo or Brock doesn’t make sense unless it brings back the equivalent of a 30 goal scorer.

If we’re just trading them for whatever RHD is available it doesn’t make sense.

I get that DeNiro.…. But I think it will be one of those with a D for a top pairing RHD .. or one with bigger upside fleet footed and physical.

Mihky Kuz Podz Hogz are pushing Brock for a full time gig..

Bo is valuable to us, and any team in the league.

It going to depend on what’s available..

Ive been trying to figure out which team might be cap heavy in one or 2 years on D with good talent.

Buffalo is interesting.

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I get that DeNiro.…. But I think it will be one of those with a D for a top pairing RHD .. or one with bigger upside fleet footed and physical.

Ive been trying to figure out which team might be cap heavy in one or 2 years on D with good talent.

Buffalo is interesting.

I agree with our young guys pushing BB for his spot.Plus Garland is also there wanting more and to me he is faster,better checker and keeps the puck longer.Garland is a more all rounder out player then BB.I would rather trade with Carolina the Buffalo for a RHD as they seem to better D over the last ten years playing in the NHL then Buffalo has.

Edited by cripplereh
  • Cheers 1

If Bo is going to end up being a 3C here (behind JTM and Petey) we might us well just trade him, and for a kings ransom at that.

We need a stud RHD. He would be instrumental in making any middling (____insert name here___) forward we have here that much better.

No matter how it is spun, the "3 scoring lines", "1A/1B/1C" mantras, etc., don't fly....I can't see Bo, nor his agent being satisfied with him not being the big dog....even now, as captain, he's still not "THE GUY" like JTM, EP40, BB6 are......while all the while he's been the silent, unrequited warrior here for a long time.

....and if things were close, and with management on record as stating how much they love him, shouldn't he be signed by now? Maybe, HE wants to leave? 

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
My hovercraft is full of eels.
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Buffalo is interesting.

Sure if Dahlin becomes available.

I don’t see any teams giving up young RHD unless they’re overpaid or overrated.

• Vintage 1