The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Kevin Connauton, Riley Nash

31 minutes ago, CR7 said:

Well most those games came in the Arizona, so there is that.

It's not like the Canucks roster is THAT deep either else our former GM & coach wouldn't have gotten fired.  Not being able to crack the Canucks roster in 2011 is quite a bit different than in 2021 imho.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I had such high hopes for Juolevi, sucks to see him getting the opportunity with another team

You realize since the trade that Juolevi has struggled with an injury yet again. And has played only one game with the Panthers AHL team in Charlotte. Meanwhile Juulsen has  gotten healthy and has played in 17 games with Abbotsford and potted a goal and is only a -1. Also Lammikko has played his depth gritty fourth liner role very well for us and has provided energy. We won the trade. Juolevi has a massive hill in front of him to even be a bottom pairing NHL D-man and he’s likely Europe bound soon.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ZH96 said:

You realize since the trade that Juolevi has struggled with an injury yet again. And has played only one game with the Panthers AHL team in Charlotte. Meanwhile Juulsen has  gotten healthy and has played in 17 games with Abbotsford and potted a goal and is only a -1. Also Lammikko has played his depth gritty fourth liner role very well for us and has provided energy. We won the trade. Juolevi has a massive hill in front of him to even be a bottom pairing NHL D-man and he’s likely Europe bound soon.

Agree with all you said. However, Lammikko was not gritty. He was Kyle Weelwood’esque in the physical department…

7 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

How did OJ even go in IR, did he get hurt practicing with the Panthers? Congrats to Connauton for carving out a decent NHL career, has made over 7.5m and as mentioned is a former Canuck

Bruised confidence 

day to day

5 hours ago, Wayne Jetski said:

Agree with all you said. However, Lammikko was not gritty. He was Kyle Weelwood’esque in the physical department…

Well he just scored and has then laid a solid hit. And I don’t know what you’ve been watching but he’s been physical and gritty. 

• Upvote 1

Both Lammikko and Nash have played wing in the past and Motte can play LW or RW well.

I wouldn't be against a Riley Nash claim and then waive Chiasson. At the same time, I think Will Lockwood should be given a look at 4th line RW. He's back in the swing of things in Abby and in training camp he looked as good as anyone, plus he would match Motte's speed, and no one would necessarily have to be waived when Highmore comes back, Lockwood being waiver ineligible.