The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Who should be the next General Manager of the Vancouver Canucks?

Rate this topic

Ilya Mikheyev

Next Vancouver Canucks' GM  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

How about Stan Smyl?

No, absolutely not.  Love the guy, and the Canucks mean everything to him, but he should remain a figure head for the Canucks.  He doesn't have the experience in the industry to be trusted with GM decisions.

Whoever they pick as GM /POHO, we better hope that they value draft picks and are good at drafting like Benning was. Wouldn't  want the Organization to be in a similar spot prospects, draft wise,  pre Benning ERAs and eventually end up with the same mess Gillis left Benning in 2014. 

Edited by Pbhatti00

34 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

No, absolutely not.  Love the guy, and the Canucks mean everything to him, but he should remain a figure head for the Canucks.  He doesn't have the experience in the industry to be trusted with GM decisions.

13 years coaching and 17 years in various front office roles, working closely with the GM,... you're out to lunch. How does one get experience then? If he didn't have the experience, he wouldn't be interim GM.

Edited by Drive-By Body Pierce

6 hours ago, JM_ said:

@Teemu Selänne can you add a second poll question for President? I think the choice of PHO matters a lot to who then fits as GM.

For me, I'd actually be fine with Smyl as PHO for 1-2 years with the Sedins learning under him to take that role over. We could then choose a different style of GM that compliments that, vs. looking for a vision setter and gap guru all in the same guy.

I can set up a new poll for Prezies soon!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

No Dean Lombardi? Eric Tulsky? Chris MacFarland? Darren Yourke?

Hard pass on a retread GM like Gillis for me, he has not done anything with a team since we fired him. Hard no to Bergevin, if he was the one to pick that french kid after he wanted to remove himself from the ENTIRE draft yet he still did it...not the kind of GM we want or need, we just bought out a player who had similar some sexual assault allegations against him, would look bad on the team to hire a GM who drafted a kid in the 1st round who did something similar no?

Added all 4

5 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Why is Laurence Gilman not on this list?? He understands both the business and hockey side. He knows the salary cap structure perfectly and he knows the Vancouver market. Gilman is also very likeable and personable. He would  be a no-brainer.

Added

• Thanks 2