The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 12, 2021 Carolina Hurricanes (19-6-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (11-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Green will need to take one or two steps back before he gets a head coaching job in the NHL again.  

I mean I don’t see him going back to the AHL, more likely than not he takes on an assistants role. You don’t just delegate yourself of an opportunity. 

It’s evident to me Green for his whole coaching career has not had many experienced colleagues by his side to mentor him. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Why you gotta bust my dreams?

My hope is that the roads might be very, very, really nasty, treacherous. I'll explain it to my wife as such and then show her footage from that show 'Ice road truckers'

Hahahaha got er.

I find the roads are really good (knock on wood).

Snow in Van is a joke. Now the rain.....that stuff is tough to drive in!!! You guys don't get enough credit for driving in that rain.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Objectively speaking though - the systems he taught, would they really be good for any team?

Feels like they were just full on ineffective. Not sure how to define a "bad coach" outside of teaching ineffective systems.

Looking back, I think perhaps he was overwhelmed in the bubble playoffs by Vegas' hard-hitting attack by the forwards.

He retreated into some kind of frozen turtle-shell thing, trying to hold onto a zero goal lead or something, you tell me, what was that?

After that, he hasn't had the confidence that BB just shucks off his shoulders with zero hesitations.

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Looking back, I think perhaps he was overwhelmed in the bubble playoffs by Vegas' hard-hitting attack by the forwards.

He retreated into some kind of frozen turtle-shell thing, trying to hold onto a zero goal lead or something, you tell me, what was that?

After that, he hasn't had the confidence that BB just shucks off his shoulders with zero hesitations.

Yeah and its frustrating because it made our players look so much worse than they actually were. Green = good guy probably, but thank god hes no longer the coach. Hopefully that mistake is never repeated. Also hope they use that lesson when picking a GM - someone with a lot of experience and success in roster construction. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Hahahaha got er.

I find the roads are really good (knock on wood).

Snow in Van is a joke. Now the rain.....that stuff is tough to drive in!!! You guys don't get enough credit for driving in that rain.

I've driven across Canada 6 times in all sorts of conditions.

It's going to be a hard sell, she knows I can drive well and we have good vehicles.

Still.....come on blizzard! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Objectively speaking though - the systems he taught, would they really be good for any team?

Feels like they were just full on ineffective. Not sure how to define a "bad coach" outside of teaching ineffective systems.

It’s not like his systems were entirely trash. You look at our group, clearly we don’t have the dump and chase, clog the neutral zone type roster. 

The major issue for Green was his stubborn inability to adapt to change and create an effective system for the team. There was no sense of stability at all. Mixing up the lines every 3 shifts like a noobie. Clearly his lack of insight was a major problem/

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Canucks gonna lose big tonight

complacency. Overconfidence. Thinking they are better than they actually are. Demko rip lolz

Canucks gonna eat big tonight

charcuterie. Overeasy. Thinking they are hungrier than they actually are. Demko ftw lolz

Edited by eeeeergh
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Agree with this.

All in all, Green is going to get a job in the NHL in the near future. He’s not a terrible coach, he’s just not the type of coach this team needed at this current state. His rigidness will bode well with perhaps other types of teams. I can see him being a Flyers replacement next season or Arizona. 

The thing that made me irate about his time here is his lack of accountability. Now he never singled out a player directly, he’s subliminally sent the message that it was on the players as to why things weren’t going well. His overall ego and his inability to adapt to change is what really did it in for him. 

He’s a young coach, no doubt in my mind he gets another opportunity. 

Ditto

When his welfare cheque, from Aquaman has ran out (or close to running out), will probably be around the time he gets another gig.  Hopefully, watching how the Canucks is performing, with a different coach can offer him some very important lessons about leadership.  Ofcourse, he will get an opportunity cause that is just the way, pro sport work - rinse & repeat; and all the best to him.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

It's going to be a hard sell, she knows I can drive well and we have good vehicles.

Lol just start drinkn by accident in the morning. 

That's gotten me out of a few jams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Northern Ontario L.B.S. When going through there.  1,500 km of one sh*tho*le after another.  

41 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Whoa. I just checked the forecast. Could be more than a week of the white stuff coming down, right around xmas.

....do you mean to tell me the weather might prevent my scheduled trip out to the in-laws in the lovely city of Chilliwack?

In-Law Avoidance.

It's game the whole family can play. 

• Haha 2