The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Idea: lets all start talking about how much we hate boudreau and miss TG, and see if we can bait Edmonton fans into forcing their owner to hire him

Hahahaha

I think Tippet is there to stay. He’s a good coach, though, if the team continues to plummet in the standings and they lose one game after another, after another, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tippet was fired. It’s not going to solve anything, since Edmonton has long since had a good goalie, and their forward depth isn’t that great either. With that being said, all teams go through slumps. We knew this coming into the season, Vancouver just got theirs right off the bat it felt. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I can’t believe how hard they’re falling right now.

In their last 6 games they had:

9 goals for

24 goals against

15% powerplay

63% penalty kill

Those look like our stats a week ago. :lol:

I remember when this kinda baloney was being spieled :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

We root for the Canucks indeed. C’mon hockey gods….some mercy after what the team had to go through before…

Let Calgary or Edmonton experience this dread for once…

Injuries to the Pacific teams in front of us would go a long way towards our making it 

A McDavid or Draistaitl injury would likely sink Edmonton 

Don't think we'll be reeling in either Calgary or Anaheim but you never know 

Gotta stay healthy ourselves too though, we've been pretty fortunate thus far as far as our forwards go Motte and Sutter aside 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Agreed. Hoping to see OEL in peak form too after a few practices with Boudreau. All of a sudden our defense looks.... good....

Thought he played alright tonight. Didn't notice him until the penalty he took late, which isn't a bad thing but obviously you'd expect more from a 7+ mill player. However, I will say he probably wasn't going to play tonight (as he hadn't skated in 8 days) but my guess is with Hunt out last min he said I'm close enough and gutted it out. I've been a fan of the trade since the day it happened. Just wish he would produce more here, but give it time under BB

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Hahahaha

I think Tippet is there to stay. He’s a good coach, though, if the team continues to plummet in the standings and they lose one game after another, after another, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tippet was fired. It’s not going to solve anything, since Edmonton has long since had a good goalie, and their forward depth isn’t that great either. With that being said, all teams go through slumps. We knew this coming into the season, Vancouver just got theirs right off the bat it felt. 

He's in Covid protocol apparently, could hurt them 

5 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

The guy gets no love on this board, so thanks.  Is he overpaid? Yes, but not in the Loui name not said category.  I like him on this team, especially if we get another top 4 D at some point.

Seems like an unprovoked attack against our unsung empty net hero. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Thought he played alright tonight. Didn't notice him until the penalty he took late, which isn't a bad thing but obviously you'd expect more from a 7+ mill player. However, I will say he probably wasn't going to play tonight (as he hadn't skated in 8 days) but my guess is with Hunt out last min he said I'm close enough and gutted it out. I've been a fan of the trade since the day it happened. Just wish he would produce more here, but give it time under BB

Oh yeah Im a huge fan of the trade.

I still think we havent seen him at his best yet. His first couple games with us I thought he was spectacular, and then Green did something to his game. Excited to see how he does when he's let loose.

I think he's gonna be an absolute monster. 

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

So happy.  I was ready to give up If they came out flat in the 2nd, but they turned it around nicely. 

Shout out to Juulson, pretty good for his first game with the team.  Didn't see him hurt us, and made some decent plays.  About fell over when I saw him out there at the end, though. Gutsy coaching decision there!

Yeah, he looked pretty good out there.  Saw him throw a hit or two which is always refreshing for this team as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I can’t believe how hard they’re falling right now.

In their last 6 games they had:

9 goals for

24 goals against

15% powerplay

63% penalty kill

Those look like our stats a week ago. :lol:

Green is secretly coaching the Oilers from his basement.  Didn't you see the earpiece that Tippett was wearing?

There is only one man who can turn McDavid into an average player.  And it's not God.  It's Travis Green...

• Haha 3