The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Zach Senyshyn requests trade

Yeah he numbers unfortunately aren't great even in the AHL. 

So if he really wants out I guess Canucks could offer Bailey for him.

Petan is a better AHL player than he is as well and a C so it may not help our AHL team, but we take a chance on him. They get the better player but we get a guy 2 years younger with a slight chance at being a bottom 6 scorer. 

For people mentioning Pearson or Poolman you are wild. That is a terrible trade for Canucks and make us worse. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PuckFather said:

The dude was drafted while Barzal, Connor, Chabot, Boeser, Koneckny, Roslovic and Aho were there for Boston to pick. Ouch! :emot-parrot:

Blinded by the immediate abundance of wealth before their eyes; 13OA15, 14OA15, 15OA15.

Serious botch.

Edited by Me_

4 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Thats what i was going to say. 

The entitlement reeks from some of these younger players. 

Dudes gonna get traded for a yellow jockstrap, and thats gonna be his hockey career highlight. 

It’s funny because he’s a first round pick. It’s in the organization interest that he succeeds. 24 years old. If it hasn’t happened in Boston it ain’t happening. Most likely just not good enough for the NHL 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

My guess is Senyshyn is going to have to either wait to get plucked off waivers or complete his RFA years with BOS before trying to prove himself elsewhere.  Unless the Canucks are high on him for some reason, I doubt there would be a deal there except maybe for a reclamation prospect of their own or a AHL veteran but, frankly, the AHL veterans have been more productive than Senyshyn and as far reclamation projects go, the Canucks actually don't have any (unless you include someone like Jasek who I would prefer the Canucks to keep under their control for now over a guy like Senyshyn).

Maybe he knows he won't get a contract ex-senyshyn :bigblush:

Also what is so great about him? Barzal and Connor were very hyped in that draft and put up outstanding numbers. Senyshyn has never put up great numbers, isn't particularly big or physical. His scouting report sounds like a less physical Jake Virtanen. So if speed and shot are what he brings and he has only scored 48 goals in 213 AHL games that is awful. I did hear he is a pretty good penalty killer though. 

Maybe Carson Focht + 4th for Senyshyn + conditional 6th (paid to Vancouver if Senyshyn plays less than 3 NHL games)

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Maybe he knows he won't get a contract ex-senyshyn :bigblush:

Also what is so great about him? Barzal and Connor were very hyped in that draft and put up outstanding numbers. Senyshyn has never put up great numbers, isn't particularly big or physical. His scouting report sounds like a less physical Jake Virtanen. So if speed and shot are what he brings and he has only scored 48 goals in 213 AHL games that is awful. I did hear he is a pretty good penalty killer though. 

Maybe Carson Focht + 4th for Senyshyn + conditional 6th (paid to Vancouver if Senyshyn plays less than 3 NHL games)

Donato, was perhaps trying to show the consensus, how smart he is ?   After, the 2011 douchery - this karma couldn't have happened to a better organization.  Even the influence, of the Chairman of the board (Bruins owner) could not have fixed this stupidity.

They could [perhaps] had won more cups, with those three (?), but the cap will be the one, to complicate the matter.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

On 12/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, flickyoursedin said:

Feel for the guy because he wants his shot but I can’t see any team excited to acquire him in a trade. He’s a slight winger with average stats every team has lots of these guys on their AHL teams already.

additionally he's not waiver ineligible... maybe a very minor trade for another AHLer not getting a chance in the role he would thrive in due to depth. Maybe Cal Fleury or someone of that ilk