The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Ducks Dec. 29/21 7:30 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

Sorry but not horrific, it's COVID-19 and these athletes are double vaccinated, young and in their primes, imho they will be fine. The league and players union are determined to make a season of it.

Not understanding your other statement? what unlikely circumstances are you referring to?

Over 20% of the league has entered Covid protocol and almost all players were asymptomatic or had very mild symptoms.

We’ll likely see a loosening of protocols moving forward as the vaccine has proven to work and young healthy athletes will fully recover.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks also won the cup in NHL 22 during the 2021-22 season. It must be true. :P 

Lol are you playing with Green.  I'll bet he uses nhl 22 as a guideline to coach the Canucks.  Says in his brain it worked in nhl 22 why not a real game eh!

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s a hard maybe.

Depends how many players enter protocol from now until game time.

at this point im starting to believe the players are not  being  truthful here, i think players are sobotaging games by saying they dont feel well. because they dont want to play. how else do you explain 12 days of nothing from players then on game day guys are going into protocol 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 5

24 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Heard Boeser and Di Giuseppe are going on covid protocol. This is horrific. Tough to tell how this season will go given the unlikely circumstance. Hope the whole team is healthy and everyone who has recovers from it. This is horrible news with the New Year on the horizon

So many people I know are going thru omicron.. it's affecting everyone. Two of my closest friends and their entire families ( wives kids) have it right now. I was talking to ICBC adjuster today and she said HALF her Co workers are sick with it working from home.  

Pro athletes are young , super healthy, in great fitness,  financially very comfortable and they have better healthcare and resources available to them than 99% of Canadians. 

They'll be fine. 

• Cheers 4

REFEREES

Garrett Rank #7
GR07.jpg
Brandon Schrader #46
BS46.jpg
Games ’21-22 27 20
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 52 / 6 21 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 404 / 3 49 / 0
First NHL Game 1/15/15 3/1/19
Birthplace Elmira, ON Sanborn, NY