The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Dec. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

to the LA Queens ending our hopes and dreams. 

How Dare You Greta GIF

I don’t know about you but my hopes and dreams are still alive and well!

The Kings were merely a speed bump in the road tonight.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I still dont see how he is playing up to a top 6 forward right now?

Do you remember his shoot out goal the other night? Do you know how few top 3 forwards can pull that off? The answer is not many, maybe 5 or 10 in the whole NHL.

Now, his accuracy is down, but do you know how many shoot that hard.......again not many...........my point being there are alot of pluses that put him top 6

His defense is better than most top 6 players.............

I am not saying he is playing at the peak of his game, I am just pointing out the pluses, of which there are many

3 minutes ago, sassbs said:

He’s joking!  We need to extend him!!!! Does he have 1 year or 2 left?

I mean with the way he's gotten this team to buy in and start playing the way they have been and winning. He'll get an extension. I don't think he needs to worry. 

I can see a 2-3 extension. 

15 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Dickenson is a waste of money honestly. He should make league min. because he has zero offense and Chaisson should not even be an NHL regular. Just terrible signings by Benning wasting valuable cap space. 

I dislike the guy as much as the next fan, but Chiasson was the closest of any Canucks player in getting another goal tonight. He tipped it right off the bar, inches difference and it’s in with our win streak intact. Gotta give credit when it’s due. No one else got closer then him.

Canucks did not deserve to win this one.

As John said, they looked like a team coming off a layoff and playing back to back.  They were unfocused most of the first and second periods, only got things going in the third.

Without Halak, they'd have been in the L column.

Good news is they got a point and nearly pulled it off in OT.

The other good news is Bo Horvat is continuing his excellent play... he is playing like the Captain again, stepping up when he is needed... too bad he missed on the OT breakaway, but he was the best of the Canucks tonight.

Bad news is if all the upcoming home games are cancelled, the team will have a real problem... they need regular game play to be in shape... you can't get your game legs by practicing.  If they are shut down for the entire next homestand, they will be a step behind for the first couple games when they come back.

They still have their destiny in their own hands, but will need to really practice hard to keep ready.

The other issue is the Miller line is missing Boeser big time... Chiasson is not a replacement.

Boeser is so much better in his passing and anticipation... the only thing Chiasson can do is provide a netfront presence.

Without Boeser the playmaking has to come from only Miller and Pearson and Pearson does not have the chemistry with Miller that Boeser does.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't think that Dickinson was out there in OT?  

We saw Miller with Pearson, a little bit of Horvat, Elias, and Garland from what I remember.  I could be wrong. 

1x 38 second shift with Horvat with about 3 minutes to go per the time on ice record. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

:picard:

Ah well! He gonna start playing in the new years! New years new resolutions! Score 50 goals and win the cup! New winning streak! Because it's a new Era! New attitude. That my friends was just a preview for the new years win 7 games and tie 1! 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dannydog said:

are they considering a pause on the next set of home games? I havent heard this yet. Province mandate?

Yes.

Because of the limits to audience...  Owner doesn't want to take a bath on an empty arena.

They are hoping Omicron will fade fast and the restrictions on capacity will be lifted.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

Just now, Dannydog said:

are they considering a pause on the next set of home games? I havent heard this yet. Province mandate?

There’s been talk about it.

Something to do with wanting to recoup full revenue. Ridiculous if you ask me because there’s no guarantee there won’t be zero capacity by the time they reschedule.

17 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Just to clarify my opinion on Pettersson

#1............His start to the season was terrible and was his own fault for not being prepared by getting stronger in the offseason and then choosing to miss camp.

#2............His progression back to his regular self is slow and questions are now arising as to why.  What is going on with him? He has had 33 games now to shake off the rust.

#3.............His defense has been good on some nights. 

#4.............His offense has improved but not enough to be anywhere near what is expected of a player making his money.

#5..............No he is not playing up to his 7.35 M cap.

Is he now playing at a a far cry from where he started the season?......Half full not half empty?  No. He is still underperforming massively.

FTFY.

IMO he needs to put in the work next offseason to get stronger, put on muscle, improve his skating and his speed and come to camp next year willing to put everything on the line for the team. He cannot afford anymore to go to Sweden in the offseason and work out with his brother at their local rink by themselves and think that is anywhere near good enough.

Henrik and Daniel need to take him aside and explain in detail the work they put in every offseason to get better. They became top athletes through hard work and dedication to fitness.  Pettersson needs to dedicate himself to getting stronger and faster.

If he is willing to do that he may yet become a star in the league.  If not he is on his way to being a big disappointment.

None of that is glass half empty .  It just is what it is.

17 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Canucks did not deserve to win this one.

As John said, they looked like a team coming off a layoff and playing back to back.  They were unfocused most of the first and second periods, only got things going in the third.

Without Halak, they'd have been in the L column.

Good news is they got a point and nearly pulled it off in OT.

The other good news is Bo Horvat is continuing his excellent play... he is playing like the Captain again, stepping up when he is needed... too bad he missed on the OT breakaway, but he was the best of the Canucks tonight.

Bad news is if all the upcoming home games are cancelled, the team will have a real problem... they need regular game play to be in shape... you can't get your game legs by practicing.  If they are shut down for the entire next homestand, they will be a step behind for the first couple games when they come back.

They still have their destiny in their own hands, but will need to really practice hard to keep ready.

It's just Canuck luck isn't it, that when we've been hot, there is suddenly a cancelation of games. 

&^@# COVID and this virus that's plagued and destroyed lives globally. 

I hope the team doesn't have their games canceled for their next homestand, as we need the games, like you say. but at the same time, i do want the players and their families to be safe. some of the players have kids too young to be vaccinated.