The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Dec. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah it's risky. There is the three week Olympic break, and the All Star game too. But yeah unless this gets better quick they might just need to go with no revenue in the 7 Canadian cities.

Yeah and playing in front of no crowd sucks for the players too since they’d be playing games without the millions of ticket revenue dollars that’d go to repaying the debt they owe the owners. There’s no great solution here :/

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We'll my point was to add some snarl to the 4th line. Lamb and Himore don't hit. Not sold on Chiasson either. It's not about adding scoring but role players that fit the duties of a 4th line. 

Why do we have to have the softest 4th line in the league? 

Agree. It is softest 4th line in the league minus Motte.

Highmore plays with a lot of energy but doesn't achieve much. He doesn't hit, he just skates hard between the two zones without any purpose.

Lammikko just doesn't do much. 

These two players play as if though they are afraid of body contact.

Upgrading the 4th line shouldn't be too hard in theory. We need someone who can land a big hit to change the momentum of the game. 

The team needs different ways to win and a 4th line that can physically grind other team is missing on this team. 

13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah it's risky. There is the three week Olympic break, and the All Star game too. But yeah unless this gets better quick they might just need to go with no revenue in the 7 Canadian cities.

One of the most vaccinated countries in the world yet we have the toughest restrictions.

Can someone tell me why we’re seeing almost no capacity limits in the states with no problems?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We'll my point was to add some snarl to the 4th line. Lamb and Himore don't hit. Not sold on Chiasson either. It's not about adding scoring but role players that fit the duties of a 4th line. 

Why do we have to have the softest 4th line in the league? 

Yeah I get it. Great word, snarl lol. Perfect. Motte is great but he's not exactly pounding people into the boards when he hits. Lammikko tries all around but he's not a bruiser by any stretch. Chiasson plays kind of heavy but slow. Nothing bone crushing. I'm pretty sure JR stated he wants to get bigger so I totally expect that type of player or two to be added via trade. I don't think it will come with scoring though.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

One of the most vaccinated countries in the world yet we have the toughest restrictions.

Can someone tell me why we’re seeing almost no capacity limits in the states with no problems?

Because the states have had 500,000 extra deaths compared to Canada- population factored in?

And define no problems, other that a lack of empathy and education down there.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

No one is scoring against us in the BB era. 

We're allowing less than 2 goals per game. That's crazy.  

BB's approach to defence is a lot better than Green's but keeping the other teams to 2 goals per game has a lot to do with goaltending and much improved PK.

We weren't allowing many goals on even strength under Green either. It was the 2 goals against per game on PK that did us in.

What I like most after BB took over is forechecking and how much turnover it creates + how hard we make it for the other team to gain the blue line.

Before, we were just giving up the blue line without resistance. Never seen any team do that before.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Because they have given up and are now facing half a million new cases a day

19 minutes ago, khay said:

Agree. It is softest 4th line in the league minus Motte.

Highmore plays with a lot of energy but doesn't achieve much. He doesn't hit, he just skates hard between the two zones without any purpose.

Lammikko just doesn't do much. 

These two players play as if though they are afraid of body contact.

Upgrading the 4th line shouldn't be too hard in theory. We need someone who can land a big hit to change the momentum of the game. 

The team needs different ways to win and a 4th line that can physically grind other team is missing on this team. 

Yeah especially with big teams like LA. 

3 guys surrounded Podz and like had their way with him intimidating. 

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

Because the states have had 500,000 extra deaths compared to Canada- population factored in?

And define no problems, other that a lack of empathy and education down there.

15 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Because they have given up and are now facing half a million new cases a day

With a largely unvaccinated population. That’s the difference.

Is there evidence that large outbreaks are happening at sporting events where 100% of the population is vaccinated? And if there is are those leading to hospitalizations?

They kept saying this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated yet somehow people who stepped up and got vaccinated are being punished for no reason?

No one can tell it’s about the science anymore. If that were the case they would have put capacity limits on shopping malls. And they would have done a better job protecting schools.

To me this seems like just another headline for the government to show that they’re protecting you. Despite it being obvious to more and more people they have no handle on this thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is there evidence that large outbreaks are happening at sporting events where 100% of the population is vaccinated? And if there is are those leading to hospitalizations?

They kept saying this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated yet somehow people who stepped up and got vaccinated are being punished for no reason?

No one can tell it’s about the science anymore. If that were the case they would have put capacity limits on shopping malls. And they would have done a better job protecting schools.

To me this seems like just another headline for the government to show that they’re protecting you. Despite it being obvious to more and more people they have no handle on this thing.

So are they having "no problems" in the states or not?

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I was talking to my cousin in California this morning..

He said in his city people don't even act like there's an issue. No face masks, most people going about their life as normal..

He said people don't care at all.. they don't wear face masks, everything is open. He was shocked we have school closures up here right now...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

With Omicron it is now the pandemic of those without boosters. Think that sums it up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Definitely no easy solution. Obviously if there was it would be done. I don't think they're punishing the Canucks or people in the province just for kicks or headlines. That's absurd. They are acting in the name of safety.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Definitely no easy solution. Obviously if there was it would be done. I don't think they're punishing the Canucks or people in the province just for kicks or headlines. That's absurd. They are acting in the name of safety.

Lol. The name of safety. 

No it’s about money. The Canucks don’t have an economic impact to cancel games.

Shopping malls on the other hand. How many people do you think enter a shopping mall a day? Times that by the thousands around the country. And they don’t have a restriction on who can enter or how many.

Public safety? What a joke.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

With Omicron it is now the pandemic of those without boosters. Think that sums it up. 

Except people with two doses are having mild to no symptoms when they contract omicron.

9,000 vaccinated people in a stadium doesn’t pose any more risk than shopping malls. People who wanna choose to go to game and take that risk should be able to. Especially since there is no evidence that these events are causing mass outbreaks.

Our government just wants us to believe that they’re the only ones that can keep us safe. Meanwhile the numbers keep reaching records regardless.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Except people with two doses are having mild to no symptoms when they contract omicron.

9,000 vaccinated people in a stadium doesn’t pose any more risk than shopping malls. People who wanna choose to go to game and take that risk should be able to. Especially since there is no evidence that these events are causing mass outbreaks.

Our government just wants us to believe that they’re the only ones that can keep us safe. Meanwhile the numbers keep reaching records regardless.

Not true. My friend and his wife picked me up from hospital after surgery couple weeks so. 

Two days later the entire family was sick. All double vaxed. Kids are young adults. Everyone was hurting bad for over a week. 

Bad body aches very sore throat fever and flegm filled lungs and cough.. all of them.. 

Same thing happened with my other friend his wife and 14 hear old kid.. 

Another group of friends got sick after Xmas and one of them has mild symptoms.. he's NOT vaccinated.. he's scared to get it.. and he's the one with mild symptoms.. everyone else from that Xmas dinner is hurting bad..

Personally I didn't go anywhere Xmas. Not going anywhere new years. I have fractured ribs.. if I get a cough I'll die of pain so I'm being super careful. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I was talking to my cousin in California this morning..

He said in his city people don't even act like there's an issue. No face masks, most people going about their life as normal..

He said people don't care at all.. they don't wear face masks, everything is open. He was shocked we have school closures up here right now...

They are used to over 2000 dead a day in the country. Not news in the US anymore.  They also believe in gun ownership over health care as a human right. Nuff said.  Don't follow the US in public health. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not true. My friend and his wife picked me up from hospital after surgery couple weeks so. 

Two days later the entire family was sick. All double vaxed. Kids are young adults. Everyone was hurting bad for over a week. 

Bad body aches very sore throat fever and flegm filled lungs and cough.. all of them.. 

Same thing happened with my other friend his wife and 14 hear old kid.. 

Another group of friends got sick after Xmas and one of them has mild symptoms.. he's NOT vaccinated.. he's scared to get it.. and he's the one with mild symptoms.. everyone else from that Xmas dinner is hurting bad..

Personally I didn't go anywhere Xmas. Not going anywhere new years. I have fractured ribs.. if I get a cough I'll die of pain so I'm being super careful. 

You sure it was omicron?

Sounds more like delta to me. Still a risk but a lot less likely than omicron now.

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They are used to over 2000 dead a day in the country. Not news in the US anymore.  They also believe in gun ownership over health care as a human right. Nuff said.  Don't follow the US in public health. 

“Give me liberty or give me death”

They really do live by that motto. 

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah Highmore played really well and got a couple real good looks on net too, which doesn't really happen much. He does add a lot of hustle with purpose although with his complete lack of production it makes him suited for fourth line duties.

Maybe he's the guy that finally relegates Chiasson. That would appease a number of folks here. ^_^ We'll see. I expect some moves will be made by the end of the month. 

Can Highmore kill penalties?