The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Neil HD said:

Well, it's great that the team's catching fire (and not the dumpster kind) without much of Petterson's (and Boeser's) offense.

But it's fair to be upset that the highest paid forwards in our group aren't really leading the charge.

If we're going to make the playoffs and do some damage, I don't know how you do it with the two of them as they're operating right now. Boudreau's frigging great, but it's asking too much of any coach to handle. All I'm saying is, it's not the most sustainable way to make a contender out of what we currently have.

Just imagine if there were 50 games left.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neil HD said:

Well, it's great that the team's catching fire (and not the dumpster kind) without much of Petterson's (and Boeser's) offense.

But it's fair to be upset that the highest paid forwards in our group aren't really leading the charge.

If we're going to make the playoffs and do some damage, I don't know how you do it with the two of them as they're operating right now. Boudreau's frigging great, but it's asking too much of any coach to handle. All I'm saying is, it's not the most sustainable way to make a contender out of what we currently have.

Boeser was playing awesome since the coaching change before he went down with the flu..

Petey will be ok and if he isn't we have a gun slinger who isn't afraid to make big trades at any cost to improve the team

At least it's only a bridge deal 

28 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Boeser was playing awesome since the coaching change before he went down with the flu..

Petey will be ok and if he isn't we have a gun slinger who isn't afraid to make big trades at any cost to improve the team

You're right about Boeser, my bad. The game-by-game stats after the coaching change definitely show him being a top line guy

As for Petey, I'll be glad to eat crow with a side of cajun fries if he turns it around over the last 50 games, if only because I don't like to imagine the alternative.

1 hour ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Boeser doesn't have influenza. Why would you say that?

If Petey is not, "OK", why would another team be interested in making a big trade?

• Cheers 2

We’re on a roll at the moment hopefully we keep it going.Like someone said earlier best to have Petey in a slump now.Im confident he’ll work it out.Thiing I’ve noticed about Petey since he came in the league is he is a student of the game and always looks to improve.Boudreau gives him big PK responsibilities and he’s processing it.Add to that comming off an injury that saw him lose significant time not defending his play atm but he’s a pretty complete player for this team and to talk about moving him is premature

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Flames win, Jets win, Avs win

Ducks and Sharks lose in regulation.

Vegas lost in OT.

Ducks losing is huge.

Hoping Avs lose their week by the time we play next.

13 minutes ago, Zazzini said:

Boeser doesn't have influenza. Why would you say that?

If Petey is not, "OK", why would another team be interested in making a big trade?

Lol he pretty much does.

I have omicron right now and am double jabbed like bb6.

I've had worse hangovers. Look at what Stevie Y said about why is the league testing players that aren't sick?

Stop the sensationalism its a form of influenza (which is also a type of Corona virus)

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

Even with this amazing run we’ve had we’re still quite far behind as every team that’s currently right up ahead or just below us have multiple games in hand.

Next 10 games we will be playing against top nhl teams. Lets see how we do against the likes of Washington and Tampa.

One things for sure, i have a lot of faith in this team. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Well yes but other GM's have this issue as well. It was Benning's job to convince these players to try and waive their NTC/NMC on their expiring contract. If I am not mistaken Benning didn't ask Hamhius about waiving his NTC until quite late. And this actually shows Benning's biggest problem his inability to manage assets and negotiate, which eventually lead to his downfall.

I will disagree, you can try to smooth talk a player all you want, but the final choice is up to them and waiving the NTC. Why get up and move  cities and mess up your family life when you don't have to and can choose where you want to play next season since your current team no longer values you? If you have a bad relationship with them like they did with Vrbata, no way in hell they will waive to do you a favor.  If I remember right Benning did ask Hamhuis as he had a deal in place with Chicago, but Hamhuis dragged his feet and Chicago walked away. Dallas was in on him later but were low balling JB. 

Edited by Fen1010

8 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Lol he pretty much does.

I have omicron right now and am double jabbed like bb6.

I've had worse hangovers. Look at what Stevie Y said about why is the league testing players that aren't sick?

Stop the sensationalism its a form of influenza (which is also a type of Corona virus)

I'm a Microbiologist with a speciality in Virology. Also a long hauler.

How is inlfuenza a form of Corona virus?  Please enlighten me on viral taxonomy.  I olbviously dont have a clue.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

22 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

That was a great postgame show. Kelly giving props to Myers, even though he wasn't on the score sheet, but seriously? Depth D-man?
Demko - the best player in the game. Not sure if he meant just this game or the league. With a solid D in front of Demko, I think he contends for the Vezina every year from now on. He's that good.
Analyzing the upcoming tough schedule - what do you think? Bah, they go 8-0 again. 
Wish I had the exact quotes, they were beauties!

#Winning

Bieksa, "just legends, some day I'll have Elliott"

4 minutes ago, Zazzini said:

I'm a Microbiologist with a speciality in Virology. Also a long hauler.

How is inlfuenza a form of Corona virus?  Please enlighten me on viral taxonomy.  I olbviously dont have a clue.

I doubt it - you can’t even spell correctly.

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

5 Million dead, and their families might prefer a different characterization. Regardless how accurate...

Glad its been easier than a hangover for u.  Hope u did not pass it to someone more vulnerable.

Lol that Kangaroo is givin er