The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

That happened to me with the Lions this year....first time ever I just stopped caring/watching.

I could never do that with the Canucks.  I'm all in.  When they're down, I probably am even more invested/on the edge of my seat as I pull for them to turn it around.  I'll be the last to abandon ship (I won't).

Not sure why that is...probably because some of my very best memories with my son and Mom were surrounding the team.  Carnivals, parties that we'd plan, etc.  Even in the darkest days....my "happy place".

That's awesome. Canucks are lucky to have you. Canucks bring us so much joy. Some of my favorite memories as a kid was going to the game with my dad. 

I was so frustrated when i was watching in Nov though. I had to fast forward through a lot of the games... 

So glad to see happy faces at the rink again. Also that regained confidence again is amazing to see. 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hamonic with the team?

Its been almost as month now. Timeline was 2-3 weeks no?

No kidding.... Man we could use a healthy, in game shape, Hamonic.

His availability has been so spotty... I'd not be at all opposed to Rutherford moving him for futures.

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

It seems we need way more points to make the playoffs this year compared to last year.

96 pts seem high. 

Last year, MTL snuck in with 89 pts (converted to an 82 game season) 

The difference (7 pts) is 3 wins and an OT loss which is quite significant. 

Why is it so high this year? 

Think it will flatten out later on, but yes we may need more points.

But I'd be happy to get through January at 6-6ish at worst... A lot of tough teams coming up away from home... Big month.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I can understand why.   That makes it sound like a temporary, flash in the pan deal.  He's the for real deal and this is "all time" Demko.  He's amazing (some credit to Ian Clark).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

Demko has played like Demko the whole time. Some of his bad number games had a lot more to do with the system and plan in front of him on D. It's a bit early to call him the best Canucks goalie of all time, but I think that's where he's heading.

Fixed that for ya. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lets just hope their discussions end there. Petey is terrified to shoot anymore. Don't need the overpassing tendency to spread. Pod has more goals than Petey with a fraction of the looks Petey gets. Imagine if Pod starts to develop Petey's one timer prowess? Oof. Pod can be a 30 goal scorer. No joke.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 2

10 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Noo0o0o0o!! Don't even hint that hockey will be cancelled! :unsure:

Much less likely they cancel the Saturday game since it would be a nightmare to reschedule one game when they’re already on their western road swing.