The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks trying to trade Halak

14 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I doubt that will work. Anyone with a priority pick over the suitor could claim him so Halak isn't going to waive his NMC with that uncertainty.

Maybe, I got to think Halak is going to want out and would take a chance. This could get real toxic in a hurry if he isn't moved. 

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Oh!  You were serious!   Hahahahha

Very good teams don’t get blown up by the Devils.  
Very good teams don’t rely on their goalie to win them every game.  
Very good teams don’t clean out their entire front office and coaching staff mid season. 
Very good teams are right up against the cap and miss the playoffs every singe year.   

I could go on if you like…….

Oh please do go on.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, KyGuy123 said:

With Poolman on LTIR hopefully we can pay the bonus this year. Halak played himself into one bonus but is destroying the save % one all in the same motion. I think a good strategy going forward is play Demko in all the games we should easily get 2 points and secure those points. Play Halak vs the teams you think you’re going to lose to anyways.

That’s not how it works.  You can’t use LTIR space to pay a bonus.  The bonus is going to slide to next year unless the Canucks can clear a lot of cap space between now and the trade deadline 

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I agree. I think we discussed a possbile scenario where JR finds a suitor for Halak on waivers, Halak for free. Once the suitor is found, and Halak agrees and waives his NMC, off he goes. It just isn't working for either parties and it's time move on. It's best for everyone involved.

think it's difficult trading Halak considering his NMC and that his performance the last two games isn't going to have teams going after him. 

One game like he did against the Ducks or Devils in a 7 game series could spell doom for a team. 

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Oh please do go on.

Sure!

Very good teams don’t have every single  dman but 1 playing too high up in the line up.
Very good teams don’t have a backup go 2-10.  

I really could go all day.  Lol.  

How about you try to explain how we are a very good team? 

29 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

think it's difficult trading Halak considering his NMC and that his performance the last two games isn't going to have teams going after him. 

One game like he did against the Ducks or Devils in a 7 game series could spell doom for a team. 

Can't disagree. 

Jb handed out NTC nmc FNMC like candy 

hope halak agrees to move on but seems like he won’t. 
with a Full No movement I don’t think he can even go on waivers. 
his bonus along with Jv and holtby buyout will only cost the Nucks 3.75 for next year. 

3 hours ago, rekker said:

I agree. I think we discussed a possbile scenario where JR finds a suitor for Halak on waivers, Halak for free. Once the suitor is found, and Halak agrees and waives his NMC, off he goes. It just isn't working for either parties and it's time move on. It's best for everyone involved.

Theres no way in hell halak would agree to go on waiver and have 31 teams that can claim him. Imagine a team all of a sudden loses a goalie and needed a temp one puts a claim in on him like Ottawa Arizona etc that have the space to eat the bonus this year. You'll prolly say great not my problem.. ya halak says no

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Theres no way in hell halak would agree to go on waiver and have 31 teams that can claim him. Imagine a team all of a sudden loses a goalie and needed a temp one puts a claim in on him like Ottawa Arizona etc that have the space to eat the bonus this year. You'll prolly say great not my problem.. ya halak says no

Maybe, but maybe Halak doesn't like it here, just doesn't feel comfortable. He's playing like he isn't comfortable. 

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Sure!

Very good teams don’t have every single  dman but 1 playing too high up in the line up.
Very good teams don’t have a backup go 2-10.  

I really could go all day.  Lol.  

How about you try to explain how we are a very good team? 

Well go all day then.

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Maybe, but maybe Halak doesn't like it here, just doesn't feel comfortable. He's playing like he isn't comfortable. 

You have proof he doesn’t like it in Vancouver?  The fact that he’s not willing to waive his NMC suggests otherwise.  

Also. Holtby struggled badly behind Vancouver’s defence last season to the point where he was bought out. He’s rebounded to roughly his career average numbers in Dallas.  Putting all Halak’s struggles here entirely on him is being miopic. Not every goalie is Demko. 

31 minutes ago, rekker said:

Don't think he cares. He only have maybe 5 more start at most if he even gets the back to back like the back to back home games. He might just chill on the bench and collect his pay for the rest of the season.

49 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You have proof he doesn’t like it in Vancouver?  The fact that he’s not willing to waive his NMC suggests otherwise.  

Also. Holtby struggled badly behind Vancouver’s defence last season to the point where he was bought out. He’s rebounded to roughly his career average numbers in Dallas.  Putting all Halak’s struggles here entirely on him is being miopic. Not every goalie is Demko. 

First off, I said maybe Halak doesn't like it Vancouver. He is struggling so it's not improbable that it's just not a good fit. Second, NMC was negotiated on the off season and lots has changed since then. It is possible that Vancouver just isn't sitting well with him and he would welcome a change of team. 

Just now, rekker said:

First off, I said maybe Halak doesn't like it Vancouver. He is struggling so it's not improbable that it's just not a good fit. Second, NMC was negotiated on the off season and lots has changed since then. It is possible that Vancouver just isn't sitting well with him and he would welcome a change of team. 

There have been a number of recent reports indicating he has no interest in waiving his NMC 

24 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Don't think he cares. He only have maybe 5 more start at most if he even gets the back to back like the back to back home games. He might just chill on the bench and collect his pay for the rest of the season.

Maybe, but if he wants to play another season in the NHL, he won't if he keeps struggling. May be best for him to move on and show he still has it.

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I dont think there’s any reason to believe his position has changed until we see credible reports indicating otherwise.

Huh?! Lots of red light reasons to think he may want out. He's struggling, big time. He may never play another game for us or anyone this season. If these last bunch of games are his sample size resume, who the heck will sign a struggling 36, 37 year old, smallish, goaltender who is playing like crap. His career may well be on the line here.

Edited by rekker