The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks vs Senators - Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

This is getting nuts. Teams are almost going to need another training camp and exhibition games before they are ready to play again.

Crazy to think that we now need to go to Florida, and open a hard trip, cold against one of the best teams in the league and then play Tampa 2 nights later and Carolina 2 nights after that.

Seems fair, doesn't it.

Players aren't happy about it!

https://www.tsn.ca/NHL/video/boudreau-on-latest-postponed-game-were-not-happy-with-it~2355634

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

This is getting nuts. Teams are almost going to need another training camp and exhibition games before they are ready to play again.

Crazy to think that we now need to go to Florida, and open a hard trip, cold against one of the best teams in the league and then play Tampa 2 nights later and Carolina 2 nights after that.

Seems fair, doesn't it.

https://www.tsn.ca/NHL/video/boudreau-on-latest-postponed-game-were-not-happy-with-it~2355634

Good grief. We’re not going to play well going into one of the harder stretches this season, cold. 

It isn’t fair for the team. They were hot, and then all of this &^@#ing starts happening. 

Edited by N4ZZY
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

They don't surprise me anymore

That Darned Delay Thing | ctrlZstudio.com

I guess not, but still disappointing. Why did they wait all week before postponing, if they weren’t going to be at full capacity, with the omicron variant going wild these days. 

If the team had announced this, mid week (like Wed), it would’ve still disappointed people, but at least there is some space to deal with that (given 2-3 days for people to deal with it). But a day before? Quite sudden. 

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Good grief. We’re not going to play well going into one of the harder stretches this season, cold. 

It isn’t fair for the team. They were hot, and then all of this &^@#ing starts happening. 

But yeah, now we go into a murderer's row cold 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I guess not, but still disappointing. Why did they wait all week before postponing, if they weren’t going to be at full capacity, with the omicron variant going wild these days. 

If the team had announced this, mid week (like Wed), it would’ve still disappointed people, but at least there is some space to deal with that (given 2-3 days for people to deal with it). But a day before? Quite sudden. 

Hard to say, but I don't expect games to be played nowadays until they're on the ice and the puck is ready to be dropped 

I've seen too many postponements now not to be skeptical 

Edited by Coconuts

But yeah, now we go into a murderer's row cold 

I don’t think we can expect to win those games given our situation now. 

Might as well forget the playoffs, and whatever run we were on, I think that’s going to die as well. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think we can expect to win those games given our situation now. 

Might as well forget the playoffs, and whatever run we were on, I think that’s going to die as well. 

I mean, never say never, but I wasn't expecting much from a five game road trip against the cream of the league ft Nashville to begin with 

I mean, never say never, but I wasn't expecting much from a five game road trip against the cream of the league ft Nashville to begin with 

Don't let the stats fool you. Nashville isn't the cream of the crop. The Canucks have their number still and will for the remainder of time. :lol:

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Don't let the stats fool you. Nashville isn't the cream of the crop. The Canucks have their number still and will for the remainder of time. :lol:

They aren't, but Washington, Florida, Tampa, and Carolina are all perched at the top of the standings for good reason 

Even Nashville is currently 8th overall 

It's crazy how Carolina's 5th despite only playing 31 games 

Edited by Coconuts

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They aren't, but Washington, Florida, Tampa, and Carolina are all perched at the top of the standings for good reason 

Even Nashville is currently 8th overall 

It's crazy how Carolina's 5th despite only playing 31 games 

The Canucks will give them a run for their money. I expect a better outcome than many are surmising. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks will give them a run for their money. I expect a better outcome than many are surmising. 

yes but I love to watch the Canuck Faithful throw in the towel because of 1 PPD game against Ottawa

the Sky

the Sky

its Falling

the SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, if we were on the run, and didn’t have all these postponed games, then I think there was a chance that we could have done well on that five road swing against some of the best teams in the league. 

Now? With all of this. I can’t see the team doing very well, especially if we’re entering into that five game road trip, ice cold. 

• Huggy Bear 2

42 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Seems fair, doesn't it.

Betteman has to do something to stop our streak, we're getting too close to playoff contention.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1