The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 11, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers at 4:00 pm on  SNP TV and SNP650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It was a reality check that sets the tone of this road trip in terms of upcoming caliber. And sure, we're cold but the reality doesn't get easier. 

They've carried the play and had lots of chances. A hot Demko probably stops 1 or 2 of those earlier chances and we bury 1-2 of our chances if not cold. It was a piss poor decision to postpone those games.

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I don't feel that way.

They'll get going again....this was the breaking back in game.  Sadly.  Gotta build the momentum again, although this road trip isn't going to support that much.

If this is a statement game, I'd say the statement they made is that they are, as expected, a bubble playoff team, at the least.  The Panthers are a legit contender, a top 5 team in the league anc the Canucks have played with them all night, despite the score.

1 minute ago, combover said:

Hunt over OJ lol. Good stuff 

Doweling over macewan 

Good  thing they fired all the fools responsible. 

forsling looks good to bad we threw him away for nothing to. 

hindsight right right… lol

hard to complain about Forsling tho, took him 3 teams after us to find his game. But yes, Mac would be nice to have. 

Just now, combover said:

Hunt over OJ lol. Good stuff 

Doweling over macewan 

Good  thing they fired all the fools responsible. 

forsling looks good to bad we threw him away for nothing to. 

hindsight right right… lol

Not to mention somehow thinking Petan is even close to an acceptable choice for an NHL lineup.  I am not sure why people think Green is capable of coaching in this league given the level of gross incompetence and nepotism that he has demonstrated.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

If this is a statement game, I'd say the statement they made is that they are, as expected, a bubble playoff team, at the least.  The Panthers are a legit contender, a top 5 team in the league anc the Canucks have played with them all night, despite the score.

If anything, JR is watching these games and getting a fair assessment of this roster he inherited from JB.

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

hard to complain about Forsling tho, took him 3 teams after us to find his game. But yes, Mac would be nice to have. 

I wouldn't say that MacEwen is setting the league on fire in Philly.  He was pretty invisible when I watched him a couple of times this year other then the odd fight. 

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

They've carried the play and had lots of chances. A hot Demko probably stops 1 or 2 of those earlier chances and we bury 1-2 of our chances if not cold. It was a piss poor decision to postpone those games.

True enough... not disagreeing. I wasn't saying we sucked. It's more in the reality of the type of game we need to bring in each of these games. Still feel this game should be 3-2 if we had those first two back. That score would be more accurate.

Agree about the postponements. 

Just now, -NucksFan said:

Another face off win by Horvat

nice pass by Horvat 

nice steal by Horvat 

::D

Haha I just haven't heard those today, other then the faceoff wins.