The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Hot 3 Way Action in Your Area (Van/NYR) (Van/MTL)

btw, what's wrong with Lafreniere? Why wouldn't you want him on your team?

If we trade for him, I'd like to see what we have in him before shipping him to Montreal.

The whole point of retooling is to stock up on young roster players. It happens that we missed drafting a player in the first round of 2020 (ironically so that we can acquire Miller). Getting a player like Lafreniere and tapping into his potential as a 1LW sounds like a good idea to me.

If we do acquire Lafreniere and Schneider for Miller, we pick up two first rounders both drafted in years when we didn't have first rounders. 

Edited by khay
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, khay said:

If we trade for him, I'd like to see what we have in him before shipping him to Montreal.

The whole point of retooling is to stock up on young roster players. It happens that we missed drafting a player in the first round of 2020 (ironically so that we can acquire Miller). Getting a player like Lafreniere and tapping into his potential as a 1LW sounds like a good idea to me.

If we do acquire Lafreniere and Schneider for Miller, we pick up two first rounders both drafted in years when we didn't have first rounders. 

Not saying I wouldn't want him.  Just saying Montreal would be my immediate destination for him with a new rookie gm

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

More and worse have happened

No doubt there has been many bad trades over the years. That is why it boggles my mind when people come up with these hypothetical scenarios. Do we ever learn?

12 hours ago, khay said:

And this my friends, is EXACTLY why you always make trades, when available, that add value to your franchise. Doesn't matter where you are in your "cycle", if you can buy "low", you do it. (If I see another comment about Benning misjudging our window...)

As you clearly illustrate, we can easily get more value for Miller now, than the mid first and spare parts we paid for him.

Always add, always build.

Precisely why we should also sell high on Miller now.

hf7ac.jpg

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

No doubt there has been many bad trades over the years. That is why it boggles my mind when people come up with these hypothetical scenarios. Do we ever learn?

Millers value is a minimum of a 1st blue chip prospect and good young roster player.

Tell me that's an unlikely scenario or ask

Millers value is a minimum of a 1st blue chip prospect and good young roster player.

Tell me that's an unlikely scenario or ask

Miller is also, based on points and heart, the best player on this team, why trade him?
when the Sedins were at their peak, or Burrows (remember Clutch?) or Kesler or Bieska? Did we hypothesize trading them because of their value?

No, you keep players/people like that. Miller will be productive for many years to come and he will give us a good chance at being good...

Or we could stay in a perpetual rebuild where we trade assets away for the “future”.

1 hour ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Miller is also, based on points and heart, the best player on this team, why trade him?
when the Sedins were at their peak, or Burrows (remember Clutch?) or Kesler or Bieska? Did we hypothesize trading them because of their value?

No, you keep players/people like that. Miller will be productive for many years to come and he will give us a good chance at being good...

Or we could stay in a perpetual rebuild where we trade assets away for the “future”.

Lol I did

I advocated trading kesler immediately after our 2012 season before his ntc kicked in.  But hey look at all those names and holding on to them for overlong net us.  A wealth of...umm...bonino?  Sbisa?  Errrr....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lol I did

I advocated trading kesler immediately after our 2012 season before his ntc kicked in.  But hey look at all those names and holding on to them for overlong net us.  A wealth of...umm...bonino?  Sbisa?  Errrr....

Few people want to remember that the GM at the time did not trade his players for 'futures'. Perhaps he was not given a mandate to do so, and instead we told to make the playoffs. The teams after 2012 were quite poor, and the prospect pool was even worse. I believe we picked Gaunce in 2012 or something, and he didn't end up developing into a third line center, which would've been helpful. Despite the number of picks we had, high or low, few of them actually contributed to the team in a meaningful way.

Lol I did

No they didn’t, but they sure gave us an exciting team to cheer on, and success. And if you are telling me u didn’t enjoy that run....

On 1/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, Warhippy said:

I could pick this apart fairly succinctly starting with the obvious and glaring issues Lafrenier has on the ice.  His lack of production.  His work ethic issues etc.

All under wundr coach Gerard Gallant who can't get more than .3 ppg out if the former 1st OA LW.  The last 1st OA forward drafted to produce point totals that low multiple seasons after their draft year was??

Instead I'll just leave this reminder that this was just for fun and not to be taken seriously

Yakupov?   He did get 31 points draft plus one in 48 games ... then 23 in 63 ... then 33 in 82...then ah frag it, 136 points in 350 NHL games.    Not what you want from your first overall that's for sure.    Like Jack Hughes, Laff has time yet. 

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Lol I did

OR we could have built a team around Kesler and Luongo - and not spent that type of money on the Sedins again...not popular, but we'd be in a better part of the cycle then where we are now.   Of course in this case Kesler would of had to want to stay.