The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday, Jan 23/22 St. Louis Blues @ Vancouver Canucks 7:00 Rogers Arena SNPTV SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, khay said:

Should have scored 3 goals in that period.

I'm liking Highmore more and more. His forecheck has become very effective compared to his time under Green.

Pearson also. He is so good on the boards.

Bruce has the players playing to their strengths.

And in return, players love playing for the coach and skate through walls for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Yea i know. I felt bad for him.  Hes made that exact gesture towards white players before.  Seems sincere.  Dont think this was racism at all.

Honestly to me it's the angle of the gloves. If he wanted to imitate a primate he would have turned his gloves to have the palms facing backwards. But they're curled inwards like he's flexing his chest.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Needs a trade for future considerations.

They should play some Band-Maid, but that would probably cost a couple of dollars, so likely it won't happen.

regards,  G.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I loved the blues sc winning team.   That team in the playoffs was unreal and played the way hockey is meant to be played.  I like this version but cant stand that dipsh1t faulk

The only Blues player I like is ROR

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Honestly to me it's the angle of the gloves. If he wanted to imitate a primate he would have turned his gloves to have the palms facing backwards. But they're curled inwards like he's flexing his chest.

Do you have a link to the video footage?

Sounds like the establishment is starting to see racism everywhere, after that minor league racist incident a couple months back.
There's something almost more racist about making a big deal out of the gesture taunt. They're acting like he mimed pealing a banana and scratching his armpits.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, snowjunki said:

ECHL is witch hunting. If what the guy said is true, and he didn't say anything racial, and it was just a body language taunt, then Jordan Subban shouldn't be going along with a racism narrative. More details will probably come forward.

Yeah, I honestly think that the efforts for anti-racism has spawned into a lot of false positives, and a lot of hypocritical reactions. We want to clean up the game so badly that we start looking for acts of racism, but racism goes beyond just "acts".