The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 25, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DefCon1 said:

a 1st round pick, thats it. Trust me if he re-signs with Canucks, he will become another OEL contract. I dont see Boeser getting better, we have seen enough from him now to decide what to do with him. 

That’s true. he is close to that age where a player is what a player is for the most part. 

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Miller wont ask for $9.5 million. name me a 70 point players that makes $10 mil. Still, would you rather have Boeser make $7.5 million or Miller make $9.5million? I rather have miller at this point.

I can name you a 60 point player that makes 9.5 mil: Mark Stone.

Stone never hit 70 points.

I'd trade Boeser if he wants 7.5 and also trade Miller if he wants 9.5.

Do a fast retool with the pieces we get back.

Our RW depth is fine with Garland, Podz, and Hoglander.

Our C depth is weak so we need to get a young center back in Miller trade.

Our LW depth is weak so we should get one back maybe in Boeser trade? I don't think Boeser gets you a premiere RD prospect?

Our RD depth is weak so ideally get an RD back in Miller trade as well.

Our LD is fine just need a 3LD that blocks shots and play physical hockey.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Would not be surprised if Boeser is traded come this deadline. 

Yep if Rutherford is true to his word that he wants fast player or at the least, play fast hockey.

Boeser is not only slow but very slow to move the puck as well.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

The return package still matters. LOL. 

This ain’t NHL20. 

Boeser had a pretty good season last season. Most of the team this year has been underwhelming. It’s probably the reason for why we’re 18-20 on the year. We do need to shore up the defense. But you’re not going to do that through free agency. You gotta build through the draft, and you gotta trade pieces to shore up areas of deficiencies on the roster. Who could net us a high end RHD? Miller? Bo? Brock? 

If you want to get high value returns, then we cpuld also trade Demko and Hughes and get lots of picks. I want to know what is your end game? Overpay mediocre players like Boeser that take lots of the cap space we need for D? We need to off load deadweights in order to fix D, we cant draft 5 defensemen that can make the NHL in 3 years. Its impossible to be that successful in drafting that many quality players. we have to also sign free agents or do trades to fill some of the gaps.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I can name you a 60 point player that makes 9.5 mil: Mark Stone.

Stone never hit 70 points.

I'd trade Boeser if he wants 7.5 and also trade Miller if he wants 9.5.

Do a fast retool with the pieces we get back.

Our RW depth is fine with Garland, Podz, and Hoglander.

Our C depth is weak so we need to get a young center back in Miller trade.

Our LW depth is weak so we should get one back maybe in Boeser trade? I don't think Boeser gets you a premiere RD prospect?

Our RD depth is weak so ideally get an RD back in Miller trade as well.

Our LD is fine just need a 3LD that blocks shots and play physical hockey.

Stone must have had a very good agent for him to land a 9.5M deal to score 60 points. 

If that’s the market for a 60 point player, then we’re out of luck for Horvat. I mean, Miller would want 10-11M. 

that’s just ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Yep if Rutherford is true to his word that he wants fast player or at the least, play fast hockey.

Boeser is not only slow but very slow to move the puck as well.

Is Brock injured? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a nagging injury. 

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Neither do I but because of the year he is having it might be hard to get a 1st.

I think he will easily get a 1st maybe even a 1st and a 2nd. We have duds like Foligno getting first in TD so Boeser will probably get a bit more than that.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

If you want to get high value returns, then we cpuld also trade Demko and Hughes and get lots of picks. I want to know what is your end game? Overpay mediocre players like Boeser that take lots of the cap space we need for D? We need to off load deadweights in order to fix D, we cant draft 5 defensemen that can make the NHL in 3 years. Its impossible to be that successful in drafting that many quality players. we have to also sign free agents or do trades to fill some of the gaps.

of course. 

I’m not saying we should overpay Boeser. I’m saying that we should trade him, but we shouldn’t just give him away for nothing. He is an asset. The club can still get a valuable piece coming back, either a pick (or several), or a grade A prospect. Brock isn’t perfect, but he can still score and produce at this level. He can still score goals. That’s still a valuable commodity in a league that values goal scorers. 

So maybe you swing a deal for Brock and attempt to get a higher end RHD back. What about a player like John Marino? Same age (24 yo) and RHD. Pitts gets a scorer, and we fill a need. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Stone must have had a very good agent for him to land a 9.5M deal to score 60 points. 

If that’s the market for a 60 point player, then we’re out of luck for Horvat. I mean, Miller would want 10-11M. 

that’s just ludicrous.

I still rather have Stone at that price than Boeaer at $7.5 million. Stone actually shoots the puck and can skate.

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Hunt, Dickenson...all pylons. Nothing Bruce can do, I mean Myers isnt better dumping the puck on a 3 on 3:picard:

Line juggling and constant changes created unnecessary chaos. Sloppily coached OT lead to a sloppily played OT. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Neither do I but because of the year he is having it might be hard to get a 1st.

We arent getting anywhere near a 1st for him. And teams know we arent resigning him.  Im lookimg at the top contending teams who might make an offer and its clear they dont need Boeser in a top 6 role. 

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

I'd say he got Miller right too... and Motte

Too bad thats the only ones. He got everything wrong from OEL, to Myers to Dickenson and Pearson. Thats after giving up our 9th overall to trade away Ericksson, Roussel, Beagle. We still have Hamonic who has only played a handful of games this season. Good lord, at least Benning got fired before making more dumb signings and trades.

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I still rather have Stone at that price than Boeaer at $7.5 million. Stone actually shoots the puck and can skate.

Yea. I dont know what hes talking about.  Stone is one of the best wingers on the planet.  He can do it all along with carry and lead a team.  Worth every penny.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If Demko isn’t back Halak will be.

This was likely Martins last game with the big club (for now).

Thankful for the two points from him but I’m not sure he can keep this level of play up.

I was at the game and watched him closely having played goal and coached for years.

He is solid. Martin plays with conservative movement and good positioning.  His two games up have both been good. He faced a tonne of shots tonight and looked good.

What are you basing your opinion on other than a hunch and general opinion that  call ups generally don't make it?

I think you may just be wrong on this guy Bob.

Watching him live he looked good.  He stood up well to a barrage tonight and he looks like he has a lot more good play to come.

I think you should rethink your comment that you don't think he can keep up this level of play. Ya he may not remain at .940 but he may very well be our back up next year and be a good one. 

• Cheers 1