The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 25, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Lol. My hope was crushed 11 years ago. Now I'm not even being entertained. Ottawa has been more fun to watch last couple weeks than this tire fire. I'm a hockey fan first, Canucks fan second. 

I like Ottawa too actually. Everyone’s fandom is little different though 

What happened to the team that played the first two periods? 

They came back in the third looking like they just wanted to protect the 2 goal lead, but then they gave up protecting Martin. The guy was playing out of his skin and he deserved to have the rest of the team doing the same. Instead we made stupid passes in our own zone, coughed up the puck momotonously, failed to get any decent shots on a weak goaltender, lost the physical battles, the list goes on........

So much for a must-win game.

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

You’re not wrong. Hopefully new GM starts with defence. It’s bad.

Yup.  They need to build from the net out. They have a good starting point with a young franchise goalie, but other than QH all the other guys on d are replaceable.  They generate almost  0 offence (outside of 43) and make too many mistakes and aren’t particularly good at anything. 

Having Bo, Garland and Pearson back allows them to cover the warts on defence because they can carry more of the play when their lines are set… 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Unlike you we don't feel the need to batch and cry after a loss.

You seriously offer nothing of substance whatsoever, your simply a troll.

I do find it funny how you crap on the team "that Benning built " where were you during the 11-2-1 streak?

The nucks deserved the win last night and on Friday today a point feels about right.

But you do you buds, troll away after the team was down 3 or more of their biggest pieces and got points in 2 of 3.

Benning has built a good team and when we go on a run and get into the playoffs please don't watch, since you hate this roster so much.

Sad sad sad.

Calm down. Yes we get it, you are the real fan. Let’s ignore stats. They aren’t important. Whatever man, we are at the  bottom of the league in a lot of categories. They are a bad club. That’s just fact. Sorry it hurts I know but stop trying to shut people up. Worry about your own posts.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Enough with the moral victories. This team is meddling in mediocrity after rebuilding for nearly a decade. 

It’s almost as bad as missing 8 of the last 10 playoffs despite being gifted 4-5 overall number 1 draft picks in the same time span ;) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sonoman said:

It’s almost as bad as missing 8 of the last 10 playoffs despite being gifted 4-5 overall number 1 draft picks in the same time span ;) 

Oh man, yes. It would be worse to be a Coilers fan. Yet we still lose to them more often then not :huh:

15 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Dickenson has been useless all season. Fake news on his defensive play. He can’t score and he can not defend. He should have had McDavid on that OT goal. At least grab onto him, who cares if we got a penalty, the clock was running out you dumb idiot!

Yeah, that backcheck was weak sauce. I thought Dickinson was a good acquisition in the offseason, but he sure hasn't played like it.

Funniest thing was Myers dumping it in to change during 3-on-3. Seriously?

• Thanks 3

Was at the game, some takeways:

Myers and Oel are big mobile and an effective pair

Petey is playing better than earlier in the year he has much more confidence on the ice

Martin should be our back up either this year or certainly next. He plays big in the net and plays with  conservative movement and good positioning

Hunt should be sent down he is a terrible defenseman. The play where he let his man simply walk around him one on one and go in and score turned the whole game around. No time for this guy.

Hughes needs a better partner.  Poolman and Schenn are decent but we need a really good complimentary partner for him.

Was good to see Miller back.

BB needs to drill them on OT to not give up possession so easily.  Turned it over again and again needlessly.  Ot is really a game of keep away and we were not good at that and it cost us.

Sat at centre ice 3 rows behind the benches and every seat around us was full.  50% only means in total.   Proximity is  lots of people sitting side by side.

Good to be there though.  Enjoyed myself thoroughly.

We are not that far off being a good team.

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, Devron said:

It’s funny that people think they understand JRs view of the team haha. We haven’t even made a move yet. Just basing it on what he did on a completely different team

What's even funnier is when those same "people" reiterate facts that JR allready stated publicly - that this team is very slow. Amazing!