The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Jacob Chychrun as a TDL acquisition

Odd.

Canucks should have traded for Chychrun but instead they traded for OEL. Not worth the assets to acquire now, we need a young to mid 20s RHD but its going to cost a lot. Too bad we didn't land Marino, with his connection to PA and JR it seemed to make sense as they traded for and signed him long term...here is hoping we can improve the D somehow as that is the major weak spot of our team

15 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

The first time I read this I thought you typed "but his handsomeness isn't ideal".....lol.  That was a new criteria for defensemen in my books.

Lmao I make so many typos and I’m dyslexic so it was very possible hahahah:lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Canucks should have traded for Chychrun but instead they traded for OEL. Not worth the assets to acquire now, we need a young to mid 20s RHD but its going to cost a lot. Too bad we didn't land Marino, with his connection to PA and JR it seemed to make sense as they traded for and signed him long term...here is hoping we can improve the D somehow as that is the major weak spot of our team

Chychrun deal back then probably wouldve looked something like 

Podkolzin 

9th overall 

2022 1st rounder (Lekermakki) 

We also wouldnt have Garland. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Chychrun deal back then probably wouldve looked something like 

Podkolzin 

9th overall 

2022 1st rounder (Lekermakki) 

We also wouldnt have Garland. 

Yep.

If we’re trading that much it better be for a legit number 1 D like a Rasmus Dahlin.

Chychrun is a solid second pair guy but he isn’t gonna be worth the price some sucker pays. Looks like a better skating Gudbranson to me. And we all know how that turned out for us…

• Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

If we’re trading that much it better be for a legit number 1 D like a Rasmus Dahlin.

Chychrun is a solid second pair guy but he isn’t gonna be worth the price some sucker pays. Looks like a better skating Gudbranson to me. And we all know how that turned out for us…

Haha yes, Guddy's having a tough start in Columbus but it's early... 

I do think that Chychrun's price has fell down from last year and will undoubtedly keep going down as his age goes up and the remainder of years on his friendly contract goes down.  

4 hours ago, BobbyClarke said:

I don’t think Chychrun is currently a legit top 4 defenseman. I think the hope amongst all is that he eventually does develop into this. We are not in a position to give up a lot of our potential top talent to take on this risk. Same for Schneider in NY. 

Better than most of what he have now. 

And I think Chych is an absolute upgrade. 

It’s the cost that is apprehensive. 

Alvin ought to look at trading players, prospects and perhaps a 1st to acquire a youngish dman that helps elevate the dcorp. 

It’s wishful thinking of course. 

• Cheers 2

LHD and this rumour, is no different from JBs love affair, with acquiring OEL.  The cost and cap space, is so prohibitive that the team, will not be any better - but their will be a new toy, in the line up.   HARD PASS, for me - unless, OEL is going back

Edited by ShawnAntoski