The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks Management are done team assessment, Demko, Hughes, Pettersson only untouchables

I don’t understand.

with Boudreau record alone we would be a playoff team already.

We may not be good enough to overcome an awful start, but we don’t have to dismantle the team ! 
Trade the mistcasted, find a good deal for Boeser or sign him 3 years with AAV of 6M (7,5 first year)

1/ forwards 

Keep Horvat Miller Garland Petey Hoglander Podz Motte Highmore Lammikko

Trade : Boeser Pearson

Dump : Dickinson 

Call up (if necessary) : Lockwood

2/ Dmen

Keep : OEL Hughes Myers Hamonic Schenn Burroughs

Trade : Poolman

Dump

Call up (if nec.) Rathbone

3/ Goalie

Keep : Demko

Trade : Halak

call up : Martin

We are what, one forward away (Or a good Boeser away) and one Def Dman away to be a playoff team. We have already answered our back up issue with Martin. 
trade Miller, or Horvat, even Garland who is a really good top 6 on a friendly contract would be a huge set back. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Not to be political at all, but what this team needs more than anything, is a player with the spine and fight like the Ukrainian president. 
This team still tends to fold at the first hurdle, even though they have improved under Boudreau...

6C5EEC51-FA9E-4036-9D51-2FA8240A4528.jpeg

Woww you mean the president who drop bombs on its own citizens on Donbass since 8 years ? What a hero indeed. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, deus.ex.makina said:

Woww you mean the president who drop bombs on its own citizen on Donbass since 8 years ?

Not going into politics here... but I've yet to see anyone stand up to a might like him and his country...

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Not going into politics here... but I've yet to see anyone stand up to a might like him and his country...

It’s the replica of the Georgia push from the USA 10 years ago. Saakachvili « stood up » against Poutine the same way, pushed by US Bush then completely be abandoned. So you may have a short memory of like 90% of the #standforukrain don’t know about geopolitic in Europe and you are completely abused by propaganda which is not your fault. 

we have numerous Grands Reporters, not affiliated at the mainstream press over there who breaks the fake news for the criminal Kiev governement. 
that’s why each time I see those comments I try to at least, generate the curiosity to find more info. 
i just hope the civilians EVERYWHERE in Ukraine will not suffer too much. There are again Donbass bombing yesterday on CIVILIANS from Zelensky. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, deus.ex.makina said:

It’s the replica of the Georgia push from the USA 10 years ago. Saakachvili « stood up » against Poutine the same way, pushed by US Bush then completely be abandoned. So you may have a short memory of like 90% of the #standforukrain don’t know about geopolitic in Europe and you are completely abused by propaganda which is not your fault. 

we have numerous Grands Reporters, not affiliated at the mainstream press over there who breaks the fake news for the criminal Kiev governement. 
that’s why each time I see those comments I try to at least, generate the curiosity to find more info. 
i just hope the civilians EVERYWHERE in Ukraine will not suffer too much. There are again Donbass bombing yesterday on CIVILIANS from Zelensky. 

Civilians are suffering... And I do believe what is shown by the BBC... 

I've sent clothes and sleeping bags as part of help towards the now up to 1 million refugees in the countries leading up to Ukraine...

I don't believe the Russians or any other nation has the right to invade a democratic country...

I also fear for the future here in Europe... who will be next to feel the warmth from Russia?

Lets just leave it here deus.ex.makina, as I have a feeling we won't agree on this... Regardless of rights and wrongs the man has shown incredible courage against the might of Russia, and where many others would have packed their bags and taken an extended vacation somewhere warm, he has stood pad... respect.

Now lets talk hockey instead :canucks:

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

7M for 6 years. Would you do it?

5m x 4 he's not a $2m better player than Garland. He just doesn't do enough on the ice to be making any more than 5m. Maybe if he PK'd, hustled on the back check, threw his 210lb frame around, improved his skating, played with more passion he'd be a $7m player. But as it stands he's country club and we cant be paying extra for that because he has great hair. 

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Anyone but Hughes, Pettersson and Demko being available is not the same thing as planning to move all of them.

They're not going to dismantle the entire team short of 3 players.

I'm not sure why I keep reading people's comments to that effect. You're (all of you) conflating two very seperate things.

Wait what ? I didn’t say we re going to dismantle the entire team, you gave me a lecture but cannot read properly... 

Just by letting go 2 big guns who project us several years back. 
Miller and Garland ? 
Myers and Horvat ? 
Its a losing formula. Hold on with what we have (Boeser is more complicated) and don t panic at the DL.

22 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Wait what ? I didn’t say we re going to dismantle the entire team, you gave me a lecture but cannot read properly... 

Just by letting go 2 big guns who project us several years back. 
Miller and Garland ? 
Myers and Horvat ? 
Its a losing formula. Hold on with what we have (Boeser is more complicated) and don t panic at the DL.

My reading is not the problem.

9 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Woww you mean the president who drop bombs on its own citizens on Donbass since 8 years ? What a hero indeed. 

You understand that the Ukrainians made Russian puppet Yanukovych resign after he promised entry into the European Union, only to discover that it was never going to happen? Standing up to his regime for many months, in what amounted to a civil war?

You understand that the Russians have been financing separatist movements in Donetsk and Zaporizhia since then?

You understand that the Russians took Crimea from Ukraine?

No? Oh ok so stay out of politics bud you’re atrocious at it. Why is it that you’re always on the wrong side of the equation is beyond explanation.

Since this is a hockey thread:

DEMKO.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, Me_ said:

You understand that the Ukrainians made Russian puppet Yanukovych resign after he promised entry into the European Union, only to discover that it was never going to happen? Standing up to his regime for many months, in what amounted to a civil war?

You understand that the Russians have been financing separatist movements in Donetsk and Zaporizhia since then?

You understand that the Russians took Crimea from Ukraine?

No? Oh ok so stay out of politics bud you’re atrocious at it. Why is it that your always on the wrong side of the equation is beyond explanation.

Since this is a hockey thread:

DEMKO.

Wait, that could be the solution to ending this war. Send Demko over to stop it. He can stop anything.

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Me_ said:

What’s the point in getting a Duchesne return and pay him exorbitant amounts of money when we can keep Miller and pay him exorbitant amounts of money? 

Huh?   I don’t want duchene… I’d like the return he got for Colorado. 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hoglander to DET for Zadina

Boeser to NJ for Holtz+

Garland to BOS for Lysell+

re-sign Miller

trade Bo+ to PHI for Provorov

In a couple of years:

Lysell - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Holtz - Miller - Zadina

I am glad you are not our GM! LOL

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2022 at 6:07 AM, spook007 said:

You can't make multiple deliberately political statements and then try to couch it by saying "Not getting into politics". It doesn't magically make it not political. Its like saying that telling someone "Please go &^@# yourself" isn't rude because you added "please".

Edited by McBackup
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, McBackup said:

You can't make multiple deliberately political statements and then try to couch it by saying "Not getting into politics". It doesn't work magically make it not political. Its like saying that telling someone "Please go &^@# yourself" isn't rude because you added "please".

What?

The picture I showed, was of a man with gigantic balls for standing up to a super power... 

Is that a politic statement? 

I even said, stated I didn't want to go into a political debate, as it was about the need for the team to show some spine and balls... which they evidently did against Isles last night. 

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

What?

The picture I showed, was of a man with gigantic balls for standing up to a super power... 

Is that a politic statement? 

I even said, stated I didn't want to go into a political debate, as it was about the need for the team to show some spine and balls... which they evidently did against Isles last night. 

You're introducing the biggest political crisis of the time into a thread about which hockey players should stay on our team. Its a deliberate attempt to get political.

Its the equivalent of me saying "Not to get political, but Brad Marchand is a bigger idiot than Donald Trump/Joe Biden/Justin Trudeau/Insert Political Figure". It is a political statement. I can't then when a bunch of people start arguing go "GUYS THIS ISN'T ABOUT POLITICS ITS ABOUT BRAD MARCHAND BEING BAD".

Edited by McBackup

2 minutes ago, McBackup said:

You're introducing the biggest political crisis of the time into a thread about which hockey players should stay on our team. Its a deliberate attempt to get political.

Its the equivalent of me saying "Not to get political, but Brad Marchand is a bigger idiot than Donald Trump/Joe Biden/Justin Trudeau/Insert Political Figure". It is a political statement. I can't then when a bunch of people start arguing go "GUYS THIS ISN'T ABOUT POLITICS ITS ABOUT BRAD MARCHAND BEING BAD".

OK I'll say it one more time, It was not meant as a deliberate attempt to be political in that thread... there is plenty of other pages discussing the war in Ukraine...

Lets leave it there...