The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hey, when things are going good, Miller is great and shows certain leadership attributes. But do folks forget just how sulky and immature his act was when things were BAD? Bo is a rock no matter what. Folks are so damn fickle. Here we are perhaps about to make a Cinderella run to the playoffs but folks on the radio are talking about how J.T. should be captain over Bo. Only in Vancouver. Bruce’s lack of tact in his interviews only fuels it.

We can disagree.

No one is saying Bo doesn’t perform.

What is obvious though is our captain hasn’t proven to be our MVP or anywhere near it unless we are in the playoffs (which is when he definitely needs to be amongst that group).

But to say he’s the passion and drive behind this team’s regular season success is entirely misguided. He’s stable, he’s not flashy, and he’s good in his role. But he doesn’t carry the team. That’s pretty obvious. Quite a few players above him in that sense.

You don’t have to turn this into fans being against their captain. Not everyone feels that way. Some folks have beef with certain players and that’s totally acceptable.

Bo is wearing the C, which means he should be the one to always take the team on his back. Can’t say I’ve seen too many games this season where that’s been the case.

And truth be told, it isn’t just Vancouver where fans/media speculate on their captain or role players, and it has nothing to do with being fickle. It’s just observation and questioning, which is fair. It’s pro sports. It’s business. It’s not a kids Tball team. 

I can think of so many scenarios across pro leagues just in the past week where an NFL team’s starting/franchise QB was doubted, or the NBA where a star player is heavily critiqued as to whether they even fit. 

Loyalty isn’t based on keeping quiet about the team you root for. It’s about being open minded about it all, through the good and the bad, imho. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Boeser’s dad is ill & in declining health.

I think if he has the desire to move on to a playing situation in Minny, to be closer to home, that it would be a very natural inclination.

Shouldn’t be faulting him or his agent(s) for pursuing that, one bit. 

I can get behind that but those rumours go way back 

35 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hey, when things are going good, Miller is great and shows certain leadership attributes. But do folks forget just how sulky and immature his act was when things were BAD? Bo is a rock no matter what. Folks are so damn fickle. Here we are perhaps about to make a Cinderella run to the playoffs but folks on the radio are talking about how J.T. should be captain over Bo. Only in Vancouver. Bruce’s lack of tact in his interviews only fuels it.

Miller cleaned up a lot of his turnovers. Remember those turnovers at the opposition's blue line leading to breakaways?

With Miller, I think he was frustrated at himself for the turnovers. And now that he doesn't cough up the puck like that, we don't see him frustrated like he was before.

I don't think we should change the captain though. Not unless we trade Bo.

Edited by khay
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

We can disagree.

No one is saying Bo doesn’t perform.

What is obvious though is our captain hasn’t proven to be our MVP or anywhere near it unless we are in the playoffs (which is when he definitely needs to be amongst that group).

But to say he’s the passion and drive behind this team’s regular season success is entirely misguided. He’s stable, he’s not flashy, and he’s good in his role. But he doesn’t carry the team. That’s pretty obvious. Quite a few players above him in that sense.

You don’t have to turn this into fans being against their captain. Not everyone feels that way. Some folks have beef with certain players and that’s totally acceptable.

Bo is wearing the C, which means he should be the one to always take the team on his back. Can’t say I’ve seen too many games this season where that’s been the case.

And truth be told, it isn’t just Vancouver where fans/media speculate on their captain or role players, and it has nothing to do with being fickle. It’s just observation and questioning, which is fair. It’s pro sports. It’s business. It’s not a kids Tball team. 

I can think of so many scenarios across pro leagues just in the past week where an NFL team’s starting/franchise QB was doubted, or the NBA where a star player is heavily critiqued as to whether they even fit. 

Loyalty isn’t based on keeping quiet about the team you root for. It’s about being open minded about it all, through the good and the bad, imho. 

No doubt Bo is solid,I would not trade bo unless return is phenomenal 

• Cheers 3

Man, that was so much fun. I laughed aloud a few times after Demko's scrambles. He let in 4, but the way we were outchanced, it could have been a lot worse. Defense was generally good; Hamonic being better every game and Myers doing really well. Miller, wow, being Miller, had a few turnovers, but what a leader, who with his passion, should definitely be Captain. I really like like Horvat and of course, Henrik was amazing, but it's time this team had a heavy Captain who is willing to lead with grit, energy and desire. 

Still not a fan of some of those soft clears and poor turnovers but nobody can say this team isn’t giving it their all.

So impressed with them sticking with it and finding a way to win. And what more can you say about Demko? The guy battles harder than any goalie I’ve seen here since maybe 06/07 Luongo.

This game made me completely forget about that Devils game. Three out of four on a road trip? Hell yeah!

Boys deserve some cold ones after that one. Hopefully Boudreau gives them a pass to let loose tonight.

• Cheers 4