The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Shorty talked about Kuz being out on the PP after drawing a penalty for hit to the head. I guess quiet room isn't required? 

Yeah totally faked it. Hope he enjoys his powder after the game. Guys a loser 

Edited by Devron
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I have no idea if this is the longest troll job ever or you are actually serious... 

All those saves when we were down 2-0 to keep us in it? 

Demko needs to be better.  Sub 900 doesn’t win NHL games in this era.  Our boys deserved the win.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

That was some bull$&!# finesse garbage in OT. A point is nice though. 

They should have ended the game with PP right there. Nobody wanted move, not to mention shooting. They just stood around and ran the clock to secure 1 point.

Management is really in a hard spot. They have played hard to get where they are but they still will likely miss the playoffs. There are still glaring holes on this club. Staying pat really doesn’t accomplish anything in terms of creating cap space but trading players also tells them what they have done doesn’t matter. No win situation if they don’t make the playoffs.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This team seems to have extremely low IQ sometimes. Why are Hughes and Miller trying to force a play along the boards when it's 3-3 ot. Throw it back to Demko before you give it away. The turnovers and the hesitation in the d zone would speak to that as well. 

They played an outstanding 10 minutes to start the third though and happy they got a point, the first 40 didn't look promising. 

Honestly, I think we played a very dry and lackluster first two periods and we didn’t deserve to win. Then we played a dominant early third and maybe I thought we deserved to win. Then the refs called a horrendous penalty and we absolutely folded like a slice of New York pizza. I think this team needs to be more determined in big moments and I think that’s our kryptonite. We lose passion at the worst times. Good game. I wish we got two. That bad penalty could ultimately cost us a possible playoff spot. But when it came down to the very end, we didn’t want it. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, sedin26 said:

I don't come around here much so I'm not familiar with who posts.  I can see that your commentary can be skipped in the future

Sure.  No loss.  But when Demko isn’t good enough, we need to accept it.  He’s our most important player.  

• Haha 1