The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Trash refs

At the same time they gave us a chance to win it with a powerplay at the end.

The Canucks really need some killer instinct when it comes to their powerplay. They are way too casual sometimes when the shouldn’t be.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2

Why does it take until the 3rd, when you're down, to start playing energetic hockey? And why does Brock Boeser play like he doesn't care? Getting so tired of his lackluster play. Hey Bo, not your greatest fan, but nice goals tonight. And Myers, if you weren't so tall you wouldn't get those poor calls. That was a fun 3rd period and really the pk wasn't that bad. Good 1 point.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

You know me? Wow. Who are you? Lol. Schenn is not an impact dman. Sorry to bust your bubble. 

I know your constant negativity.  Yah he's not an impact Dman.  That's what Hughes and OEL are for.  You described a defensive physical defenseman which is what Schenn is.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

At the same time they gave us a chance to win it with a powerplay at the end.

The Canucks really need some killer instinct when it comes to their powerplay. They are way too casual sometimes when the shouldn’t be.

They were tentative and it was obvious. A bit shellshocked by the atrocious reffing and a bit of knowing how much these points mean. 

Too bad, because when they were just running on adrenalin and momentum, they were crushing it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Devron said:

He averaged 17 minis a game. That’s third pairing minutes. He’s plus 9 to book. Hits like a truck. Players don’t eff with our players when he’s on the ice. You are the one that is delusional

Like to add that bang for the Buck he’s been dynamite.  Hits, fight, clears the crease. Makes the opposition think twice about taking liberties.   He’s doing his job and more for his role on the team. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

That game was a rollercoaster of emotions. A point is a point, and considering where we were heading into the third, I’ll take it. 
NHL gods helped us out tonight in the other game results a bit. That’s a nice change. 
Tampa will be tough, but hopefully the Oilers can tire them out on Saturday. 
I can see why BB benched Podz and Hoglander in the third - they were both playing a bit too loose at times in that game. 

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

You never praise them, that's your issue not mine.

The team deserves some praise.

Maybe you shouldn’t post if you get upset enough to say to people they aren’t true fans and trolls. That’s such a cop out to shut people up. This board is meant to share your thoughts freely. It isn’t meant for only positive thoughts and posts.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Ok Alf

Do you remember the first Canada Cup, when the Russians did not have many shots, but won the first 3 games in Canada?

Not very many shots, but all high quality shots

If the quality of shot goes up, the save percentage goes down......

That's the way it works...........sorry buddy!

Demko made some nice saves!

What year was that?  In this era the goalie needs to stop pucks at at least .910 to be average.  The last while Demko is at .880

Hes too important to us winning to be off like he has been recently.  Credit to the club for getting wins during Demko’s down time.  Shows we have a good team.  Remember when Demko plays evens with his opposite we almost always win.  But we can’t rely on the other teams’ goalies to be .880 too

16 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

It’s tough when you don’t have a good D core. If we had a guy like Klingberg, that would boost our playoff push. On top of that, it would help Demko as well as the team greatly.

Never argue with an alien animal who has a weird fixation on an elite goalie.