The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Patrick Kane Trade Talks

Kane to Calgary for Zary, kylington, Wolfe and a 1st. Calgary misses the playoffs and is left with only one good prospect left but he decides to finish college and test free agency once done. Calgary has no first, no prospects and an aging team signed long term. B)

Edited by myre

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I thought Kane was injured and needed surgery?

He does, his hip. My guess is he's weighing his options to see what's more important. If he could be dealt to a contender it's likely going for one more cup is more attractive to him then trying to make a splash in free agency. I don't know what surgery he needs, but if he's still able to skate then he's fine short term. Probably just causes him a lot of discomfort.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

He does, his hip. My guess is he's weighing his options to see what's more important. If he could be dealt to a contender it's likely going for one more cup is more attractive to him then trying to make a splash in free agency. I don't know what surgery he needs, but if he's still able to skate then he's fine short term. Probably just causes him a lot of discomfort.

Wasn't it hip surgeries that pretty much derailed Sean Monahan's career? 

1 minute ago, myre said:

Wasn't it hip surgeries that pretty much derailed Sean Monahan's career? 

Partially, yes. Monahan did have a hip injury the lead to surgery. But he had been on a downhill slide before that. In years prior to his hip he had 2 disc herniation surgeries, an operation on his groin, and his wrist. That amount of rehabilitation time would have likely left him quite vulnerable to the hip injury that came after.

I'd likely guess it's an accumulation of the 5 surgery's over the years that all slowed him down individually enough that he was just unable to recover.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Partially, yes. Monahan did have a hip injury the lead to surgery. But he had been on a downhill slide before that. In years prior to his hip he had 2 disc herniation surgeries, an operation on his groin, and his wrist. That amount of rehabilitation time would have likely left him quite vulnerable to the hip injury that came after.

I'd likely guess it's an accumulation of the 5 surgery's over the years that all slowed him down individually enough that he was just unable to recover.

Could be significant risk signing Kane?

Edit: not us but any team.

Edited by myre
  • Vintage 1

Just now, myre said:

Could be significant risk signing Kane?

Edit: not us but any team.

Definitely. Not to mention he's 34 and would already have more money then he knows what to do with. That's why I'm thinking he may just be going for a cup this year instead of taking precautions to try to extend his career. Make hay while the sun shines.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not surprising, he's one of the most talented offensive players in the game and has been for a long time now. With a load of playoff experience and championship pedigree to boot. Could absolutely be an x-factor for a team trying to go deep. 

Hawks will get a good haul for him and I hate it. I just hope they miss on Bedard. 

• Cheers 1