The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Patrick Kane Trade Talks

On 8/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, PistolPete13 said:

How does Edmondump media dreaming about signing a player who won’t play there, and they can’t afford, warrant dumping all over the Canucks?

We can crap all over the Canucks if they don’t play well, or can’t trade JT, Bo, Brock and everyone else 

that “needs” to be moved. In the meantime why not look on the positive side?

Edmonton won’t win squat with that defence and Campbell might not even be an upgrade on Smith.  Heck, if E Kane starts doing E Kane things again, the Soil might be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

I’m old enough to remember when Dave Tippett was the answer, and before him Dallas Eakins. 

Not sure if you meant to reply to my rant, as I was going off on 52 years Canucks frustration and every other team year after year making improvements at the deadline but us.

So don't expect anything more the our consistent mediercoctasy. 

However since you brought it up, Everyone with semi hockey knowledge knows Edmonton's goaltending is better, but just slightly. TO has a pretty goalie friendly team and that shows his less than average goaltending. Saying that having the best 2 players in the world (yes they are, just simply accept it) should get them in the playoffs. If they were in the east no way. Pacific division is now the Pathetic division. Then your quote dump, the Coloradump media can dump whomever wins the Pacific and they easily sweep them. 

If you think this new Canucks team has the strength to go 4 rounds in the playoffs, and our zero depth future youth can step in or continue with injury or trade, then your just as delusional as this 35+ dedicated years nucks fan is. Ugh never change....Always a Canuck.  

7 hours ago, VanCan2023 said:

Not sure if you meant to reply to my rant, as I was going off on 52 years Canucks frustration and every other team year after year making improvements at the deadline but us.

So don't expect anything more the our consistent mediercoctasy. 

However since you brought it up, Everyone with semi hockey knowledge knows Edmonton's goaltending is better, but just slightly. TO has a pretty goalie friendly team and that shows his less than average goaltending. Saying that having the best 2 players in the world (yes they are, just simply accept it) should get them in the playoffs. If they were in the east no way. Pacific division is now the Pathetic division. Then your quote dump, the Coloradump media can dump whomever wins the Pacific and they easily sweep them. 

If you think this new Canucks team has the strength to go 4 rounds in the playoffs, and our zero depth future youth can step in or continue with injury or trade, then your just as delusional as this 35+ dedicated years nucks fan is. Ugh never change....Always a Canuck.  

Since, you asked, I think that the Canucks need to improve their defence in order to go anywhere in the playoffs. On a positive note they do have some forwards that other teams might covet. Maybe this new management group will be able to make a trade? Time will tell.

I started going to Canucks games in the early 1960s,  seen a whole lot of bad teams and the odd good one. I get your frustration.  

As the old saying goes, when I die get six Canucks to be my pall bearers. They’ve always let me down. 

Since this thread is about the Oilers, they need to improve their defence if they hope to get anywhere in the playoffs. Signing Patty Kane isn’t going to get that done.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kane has a NMC.

He can go anywhere he chooses. If he does waive it he has no reason to go anywhere but a legit cup contender. Edmonton is not that.

Edmonton can pursue him all they want but he ain’t going there.

I'm sure every player in the league would 'consider' the Oilers simply because of McDavid. 

If Kane had to choose between the Blackhawks and the Oilers right now, I'm pretty sure Edmonton is more enticing.  Especially for only 1 year.

EDIT:  It's not even gonna be 1 year.  It might only be a few months.

Edited by HKSR

51 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm sure every player in the league would 'consider' the Oilers simply because of McDavid. 

If Kane had to choose between the Blackhawks and the Oilers right now, I'm pretty sure Edmonton is more enticing.  Especially for only 1 year.

EDIT:  It's not even gonna be 1 year.  It might only be a few months.

Except the Oilers won’t be the only team to be interested.

There will be no scenario where it’s stay with the Blackhawks or go to the Oilers. Chicago also has too much respect for him to do him like that.

Colorado can fit him and have better assets to acquire him. There’s no way Edmonton can outbid teams like Colorado or New York who are rich with assets.

BREAKING NEWS

PROOF connor mcdavid is not human. 100% a NPC. Incredibly awkward interation with humans outside of edmonton and LOOK AT HIS RIGHT EYE. He only blinks with like left eye!!!! Clearly all the R&D went into hockey skill and they had no points left over for communication / leadership / proper body movements. Heard it here first #MustardSports

32 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

BREAKING NEWS

PROOF connor mcdavid is not human. 100% a NPC. Incredibly awkward interation with humans outside of edmonton and LOOK AT HIS RIGHT EYE. He only blinks with like left eye!!!! Clearly all the R&D went into hockey skill and they had no points left over for communication / leadership / proper body movements. Heard it here first #MustardSports

That’s called sniper vision  :bigblush:

• Upvote 1

Apologies, CDC wont allow me to post the images of the last two proposed trades but they are:

TO EDMONTON:

PATRICK KANE (50% RETAINED)

AZ RETAINS 25% FOR 3RD RND PICK

TO CHICAGO:
XAVIER BOURGAULT
2023 1ST RND PICK
2024 1ST RND PICK
2023 2ND RND PICK

————————————

TO CAROLINA:

PATRICK KANE
50% RETAINED, EXTENSION

TO CHICAGO:
JACK DRURY
VASILI PONOMAREV
JAMIESON REES
2023 1ST RND PICK
2024 2ND RND PICK

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

The Leafs one blows. NJ and Columbus look good.

Yeah agreed. I posted them also as a frame of reference as to what might be expected as top level in a trade return for JTM (although it would arguably be a bit less in our case)

33 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah agreed. I posted them also as a frame of reference as to what might be expected as top level in a trade return for JTM (although it would arguably be a bit less in our case)

Yeah it was a good post for reference. That's the sort of trade we should be gunning/hoping for even if it's not quite as good. Those are all reasonable options for a return. Kane's salary is also $10.5.

• Cheers 1

On 8/26/2022 at 9:22 AM, DeNiro said:

Kane has a NMC.

He can go anywhere he chooses. If he does waive it he has no reason to go anywhere but a legit cup contender. Edmonton is not that.

Edmonton can pursue him all they want but he ain’t going there.

It may not be that much of a stretch considering that Kane is from Buffalo. Isn't Buffalo the Edmonton of the USA?

• 3 months later...

I have seen several outlets suggest Jersey is in on Patrick Kane and that the expected package would be something like a 1st and Holtz plus a player like Severson to make the money work this year before Jersey has a ton of cap space open up after this season.

I know Friedman says Kane may not want to be dealt and wants to stay in Chicago.. but may perspective is why the heck would they want him, especially for a package like that?  Even assuming a 50% retention that is a lot of money and he seems like a worse fit than either Horvat or Miller for them.  I would happily take that package for either guy.  They get more than a pure rental and have a ton of cap space coming off the books.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10055655-the-5-teams-that-have-the-best-trade-packages-to-land-blackhawks-winger-patrick-kane

https://www.nhl.com/news/over-the-boards-dan-rosen-mailbag-december-7/c-338462804

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Hot-Rumor-Patrick-Kane-to-NJ-for-a-1st-Holtz-and-Severson-E4-Tue-Buzz/1/119907

• Cheers 1