The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Patrick Kane Trade Talks

Colorado has always felt like the right move for Bo and I would take the risk with Byram as he is a bit more of what we need, outside of being another LD.  A Byram, Newhook type package feels like the right direction overall.  With Byram being LD, I think you move OEL to the right side.  Obviously that was tried with Hughes, but I think Byram is a better balance overall so it's likely fine.  Following D pairings moves the needle a bit more in my mind:

Byram OEL

Hughes Schenn

Dermott Bear

Injuries are a concern and there needs to be some research done.  Maybe the lower body injury actually helps Byram by giving him more time to recover.  I recall Bergeron being such a risky acquisition back in the day due to injury and that turned out just fine.  You just never know.

As for Kane, I really have no idea where he'll go but it just feels more likely a team like LA would sneak in and pick him up.

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The Canucks and the fanbase are very nostalgic cause the team doesn't really have alot of accomplishments to show, in it's 50 plus years.

True. A few trips to the Finals, with the closest being the heartbreaker in 1994. Outside of that, the 82 playoffs and 2011 (which ended on such a sad whimper), there hasn't been much to celebrate. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True. A few trips to the Finals, with the closest being the heartbreaker in 1994. Outside of that, the 82 playoffs and 2011 (which ended on such a sad whimper), there hasn't been much to celebrate. 

Based on the pattern: 82 > 94 > 11. The teams seems due for another, one & done core Cup appearance but this roster, is a mess so, it might be a longer wait.  Three appearances, in 52 years and I had been a fan for 40 plus years - smh.  I really taught, Aquaman would be a better owner than an apathetic McCaw - but it seems, the qoute that goes something like, "..grass isn't always green, on the other side....".  I still prefer Aquaman cause he is a fan but his meddling will not bring a Cup cause he is still in the back.  Atleast, with McCaw his FO, led to the 2011 core and cup appearance.  Hard to see, it happening with the current strategy & roster.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

16 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

I've long suspected he'll end up in Colorado somehow.

If I were Sakic, I’d be focusing more on shoring up 2C than getting another winger. Rantanen, Landeskog, Nichushkin, Lehkonen…think they’re set at wing. But they definitely are missing Kadri.

In their position, Horvat will help them more than Kane.

Deep down I hope BOTH Toews and Kane pull a Sedin like move and BOTH REFUSE to waive their NMC this TDL and NOT bring back Chicago a bunch of assets!!! As it stands Chicago could get one of the top 3 picks in the 2023 Draft which has 3 top players available...just saying!

8 hours ago, D-Money said:

If I were Sakic, I’d be focusing more on shoring up 2C than getting another winger. Rantanen, Landeskog, Nichushkin, Lehkonen…think they’re set at wing. But they definitely are missing Kadri.

In their position, Horvat will help them more than Kane.

Yeah I guess I was just thinking more from Kane's perspective. He has full NMC, and Colorado is the place skilled players want to play right now.

5 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Sure, I ask my boss for input as well - but I guarantee you that just as my boss would like me to do my job so that they can do theirs, Burnaby Joe would like to focus on his job as PoHO and would expect his newly-minted GM to do his.

You made your point and go celebrate. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

• 2 weeks later...