The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tampa Bay Lightning @ Vancouver Canucks l Sunday, March 13, 2022 l 7:00 pm PT

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Yeah it's like the hybrid icing. The rule was supposed to eliminate vicious cross-checks just like boarding is supposed to eliminate dangerous hits from behind. You're still allowed the cross-check but just not viciously. Likewise, you're still allowed to hit guys into the boards just not viciously. With hybrid icing it was supposed to eliminate the clear cut icings originally where its obvious somebody is gonna win, and then the refs instead of allowing close races to occur decided that the rule means that you always blow down an icing at the hash marks. 

So annoying when the refs completely take a rule and kill the spirit of it. 

I do think it's a super dangerous play to cross check a guy in the lower back when a guy is teeing up a point shot, I was amazed more guys didn't eat slapshots. So I agree with a crackdown, but like you said, the refs are killing the intent of the rule and I feel everyone just embellishes everything now and seems like the longer you lay on the ice the more likely they'll just make a call. I absolutely hate it. 

Example is Matthews cross check today. Imagine doing that to Kuznetsov or McDavid? They'd still be flopping around on the ice. 

• Vintage 1

Man I love how the whole team sucks to start and the D is red hot garbage but  according to Budreau its Hoglanders fault so he sits.Was he perfect.No.You know who else was awful.Hamonic. I hope for Hoglanders sake he is included in a trade so Bruce has to find someone else to take his frustration out on.This kid has shown last year he has skills.Sitting him does not help his confidence.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cowboy644 said:

Man I love how the whole team sucks to start and the D is red hot garbage but  according to Budreau its Hoglanders fault so he sits.Was he perfect.No.You know who else was awful.Hamonic. I hope for Hoglanders sake he is included in a trade so Bruce has to find someone else to take his frustration out on.This kid has shown last year he has skills.Sitting him does not help his confidence.

the sophomore slump. sucks

Agreed.  
Bruce has been hard af on Hogz and the approach obviously isn’t working.  
We have seen the kid play.  Let him play. 

• Vintage 1

He was standing around watching so BB gave him a seat to watch from the bench. 

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Miller can't keep being the guy to save the day. Someone else needs to step up.

Looking at Boeser, Garland, Pearson and the other forwards.

If BB6 really believes he's a part of this team's core it's putup or shutup time for him.

Just now, 1-d said:

If BB6 really believes he's a part of this team's core it's putup or shutup time for him.

Too many guys are too afraid of contact. Never get to the net, always shy away on the boards. Boeser is the worst for it, Hughes is bad as well. Sometimes you gotta take a hit to make a play. Boes needs to get involved and then he might be able to find a quiet area and he needs to just let it rip when he gets a chance. 

• Vintage 1