The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

100 point players usually are.

Hopefully this isn't a 1-off year. Each season has been different with us. Kind of scared signing him this off-season but there's risk if you wait and go into next season. 

Hate to be JR/PA. Not a easy decision to pay him off this year.

• Cheers 1

Big win to keep ourselves in the playoff push. Miller extends his pt streak with 3 apples on the night. Captain Bo with nice night of his own. Pearson, Hogz, Hunt and Lammikko all hit twine as well. Demko was much better tonight. We’re just a pt back of Vegas. Remarkable turnaround. Let’s keep it going Thursday vs the Wings! GCG!

• Cheers 4

Huge win by the team after 2 unfortunate losses. We battled hard in this game. 

Top line were all over the ice, Miller could have had a hat trick easily. He had never been invisible all season long and even tonight he racks up 3 easy assists. Pearson proving all the haters wrong, he's PPG in the last 13-14 games and is currently playing on our top line. Boeser is the only disappointment, he lost the puck a few times but always has that wild card factor.

Bo's line played hard tonight, Horvat with two beautiful shots against a couple of bad goalies. Hoglander was IMO our best player tonight, absolutrly all over the place offensively and defensively, smart sticks and won just about every puck battle. Garland was buzzing as well.

3rd line was strong as always, Lammikko a well deserved goal, and our 4th line didn't have to do much but I thought Podz is really embracing his current 4th line grinder role - he's not scoring as much but boy does he fight hard to win puck battles and get pucks deep which I'm super impressed with.

On defence, we have to keep Schenn and Hughes together, Hamonic just hasn't had time to build chemistry with Hughes yet. A combined +8 on the night. Myers again was caught flat footed a few times by the fast Devils but made such a brilliant play on the Pearson goal, and I thought Hamonic, Hunt and OEL all had safe, sound games. Demko in net was good too, not great, the goals he let in though were as high quality as they could be though.

On the whole, a very loose game but glad we took advantage of the extra space out there. 1 point back of Vegas now sounds crazy but we've got to keep this momentum going as they continue to slip because Edmonton is heating up again. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

That’s how to play guys  I love when they can chase a goalie out and still score on the replacement. It was a game of good puck control and real decent passing. 
One thing I noticed is they win a lot of games when Petey is not playing. Sorry to say. 

• Cheers 1