The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks and Laffs (Liljegren)

We don't know what the deal is, if there's even a deal

It might not be Garland or Motte going to TOR, maybe it will be Halak and Schenn.  I'm guessing that if TOR is giving away a RD, they'll want one back, and they really want Schenn. They also need experienced goaltending. 

Would you do Halak and Schenn for Liljegren and a 2nd?

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

It might not be Garland or Motte going to TOR, maybe it will be Halak and Schenn.  I'm guessing that if TOR is giving away a RD, they'll want one back, and they really want Schenn. They also need experienced goaltending. 

Nope but I’d do Halak for Liljegren.

No way we should be trading Schenn. He’s the only really physical player we have and has been great for us. With our cap situation we need his cheap contract for the top 4.

Why do we wanna make the team softer too?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, rekker said:

This has to be made up. Liljigren is a mess on his own end. He skates well but is soft as tissue, and about as dumb as single ply. No. Only reason he's in the Leaf lineup is because of cap and their lack of depth. Just No. 

Well that and the fact Toronto doesn't care whether or not their defencemen can play defence, as illustrated by keeping AHL trash like Rielly and Sandin in the lineup.

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

People said the same thing about Hunt.  It's amazing what a coaching change can do to a player.  Put Liljegren with Boudreau for a month and he could surprise you.

Neither Hunt not Liljegren are even close to being legit NHL quality players.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Schenn is an actual NHL quality player, so of course not.

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Nope but I’d do Halak for Liljegren.

No way we should be trading Schenn. He’s the only really physical player we have and has been great for us. With our cap situation we need his cheap contract for the top 4.

Why do we wanna make the team softer too?

I also really like Schenn, so I would prefer to not trade him. I don't think TOR accepts Poolman though. 

Halak for Liljegren sounds good to me

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

yes I would do that, but Schenn has been so good for us playing top 4 minutes, that would compromise our playoff run. I would then try to flip those assets with our 1st for a legit d man

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I also really like Schenn, so I would prefer to not trade him. I don't think TOR accepts Poolman though. 

I dont think they can take Halak due to cap issues. The main reason they are moving Liljegren is they likely cant afford to resign both Sandin and Lilj who are both RFA. Kase is also an RFA, Toronto does not have alot coming off the books this season. 

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Leafs are the desperate ones don’t forget that.

Halak is still a big upgrade over what they have. Maybe they want Dickinson for their bottom 6?

Only way we should be doing a deal with them is if we can dump some cap in the process. Trading Dickinson would give us money to re-sign Motte.

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

yes I would do that, but Schenn has been so good for us playing top 4 minutes, that would compromise our playoff run. I would then try to flip those assets with our 1st for a legit d man

17 minutes isn’t exactly solid top 4 minutes. More like solid top 6 minutes. Liljegren has played 1 minute less than him. 

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Neither Hunt not Liljegren are even close to being legit NHL quality players.  

Earlier in the season you had a point. While Hunt still has flaws I don't think anyone watching the recent games can argue he's fine as a bottom pairing D.

Schenn is good but not part of our contender, if laffs takes on halaks bonus then halak + schenn for TL and a pick is a trade I'd do anytime, maybe even without the pick. Gamble on upside on TL is worth it.

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I see no need to trade Schenn. Great depth D, that is signed for cheap this year and next. Quinn loves him and he adds snarl and cup experience. I would rather keep Schenn. If a second round pick was offered up, I may be talked out of my opinion, but I love having a player that loves to be a Canuck. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Dont the leafs need to improve their D and goaltending? why would they want a forward when they already have a bunch that can score

ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....don't remind them!

Just now, DeNiro said:

Halak is still a big upgrade over what they have. Maybe they want Dickinson for their bottom 6?

Only way we should be doing a deal with them is if we can dump some cap in the process. Trading Dickinson would give us money to re-sign Motte.

They are probably looking for cap hits under a million if they are under contract next season too. Leafs in a world of cap hurt until LTIR kicks in. 

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Motte + Poolman for Liljegren + 2nd.

:)

Poolman doesn’t add value to that trade (is probably a negative)  so I would be happy to take away the 2nd and just have the cap space back as our return if they took the Poolman contract.

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm obviously not a Liljegren fan. But if the trade is Halak, sure. When I hear Motte for Liljegren? There are new holes in my drywall. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It doesn’t sound like they are desperate here. 

You can find reports earlier in the year under JR stating we are interested in Liljegren. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It doesn’t sound like they are desperate here. 

You can find reports earlier in the year under JR stating we are interested in Liljegren. 

They are desperate for goaltending.

Dont believe Dubas when he says they’re goaltending is fine. That’s just Leafs kool aide.