The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks and Laffs (Liljegren)

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Garland is five mill in cap.

If Liljegren replaces Myers it’s almost ten mill gone immediately if we trade Myers for prospects. 

Lilegren doesn't come close to replacing Myers. Myers averages about 7 minutes more a night, and plays against the top end of the oppositions lineup. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wait... aren't we supposed to be rebuilding??? which is why we are grabbing a young D-man off the Leafs and free up a ton of cap space by giving up Garland and/or Myers!!

As much as I love Garland and his tenacity and speed... in the currennt economic climate, I am 101% sure we can find forwards in the summer taking $3M and have potential to score more points!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I've always liked him, a young right Swedish sound defenceman who can move the puck. Future Myers replacement. He's only really played bottom pairing minutes though but looked good so far.

Would probably cost us a lot though, like Garland straight up. If we could do Motte + Poolman/2nd for him I'd consider it though...

Huh? You couldn't be talking about Liljigren?!

6 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Lilegren doesn't come close to replacing Myers. Myers averages about 7 minutes more a night, and plays against the top end of the oppositions lineup. 

And? We need young RHD.

They are much more important than an aging Myers.

I still look forward to the window when our young guns are at the top.

Myers is gone by then. Or really cheap. 

9 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

21 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And? We need young RHD.

We need young RHD. Yes. But we need young RHD that are good. Liljigren isn't good. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And? We need young RHD.

We need young RHD who can play defence.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, AngryElf said:

Would definitely take more than Motte but Leafs have been in on Garland, Boeser and Motte. He'd pair well with OEL imo. 

Very funny.  Zero chance Littleman returns even Motte by himself.  

There is NO CHANCE JR/PA have any interest in a Loser Leaf Mcsofty piece of monkey craperolla.  

52 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Wait... aren't we supposed to be rebuilding??? which is why we are grabbing a young D-man off the Leafs and free up a ton of cap space by giving up Garland and/or Myers!!

As much as I love Garland and his tenacity and speed... in the currennt economic climate, I am 101% sure we can find forwards in the summer taking $3M and have potential to score more points!!

I'm hearing the rumour is Halak + Motter for Littleman + 2nd.

5 hours ago, Darius said:

Dont the leafs need to improve their D and goaltending? why would they want a forward when they already have a bunch that can score

Exactly.... they got plenty of firepower and creativity... why would they need more, and since when don't we?

• Cheers 1

650 is totally a Leafs homer station.  They are now using our local station to state the Loser Leafs are not willing to trade Littleman. That he's a central piece to their future.  FU 650!  Why in the friggin' hell is our local station allowning themselves to be used to state Leaf propaganda.  What a friggin' joke.  FU Toronto! 

(FU = Fire Up)  :lol:

• Cheers 2