The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Hampus Lindholm, Kodie Curran to Bruins for John Moore, Urho Vaakanainen, 2022 1st-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lindholm was a core player for them that they wanted to re-sign.

Not sure they cleaned up. Lindholm will be hard for them to replace.

he is going to be hard to replace. Dem picks tho. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Ducks trade Hampus Lindholm, Kodie Curran to Bruins for John Moore, Urho Vaakanainen, 2022 1st-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick
10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Picks that may or may not become anything.

I don’t put much value in 2nd round picks. Good currency for trades not much real value though. Most years they aren’t gonna turn into anything.

Huh  Demko was a second rounder wasn’t he. 

So 2nd rounders don’t amount to anything so the league is build on first rounders. 
Hard to build depth and a decent farm with no picks. 

Round Percentage of Players to play an NHL Game
1 94%
2 70%
3 54%
4 44%

Edited by combover
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Having lots of picks allows a team to keep a pipeline of depth players on cheap contracts.  That's how teams stay as consistent winners.  

not at the expense of, you know, actually useful players, though. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Having lots of picks allows a team to keep a pipeline of depth players on cheap contracts.  That's how teams stay as consistent winners.  

having high picks does that (Hedman, 2nd OA) and getting lucky (Point, 79th OA). 

For sure more picks gives you a better chance, but how may times does a Point pay off in the 3rd round? almost never. You don't shed your best players for another round at the craps table. 

2 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

It's funny to consider that Hampus Lindholm would likely be a Canuck if the Canucks never made the trade for OEL. With Player Name and Beagle coming off the books, the cap space available, and them looking for a top 4 LD  and the fact that it was either Boston or Vancouver for OEL..  

What would you rather? 

Edit: I love that I can't name the player. Loui Player Name. 

No way the Ducks trade Lindholm for scraps like Arizona did with OEL 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I suppose there's always more potential buyers during the offseason...

I'd say Col, NYR, Nash, Car, Tor and LA are all still in the market for a big move.......especially afrer seeing other contenders getting big pieces.  To me, Col, Nas and NYR are the biggest players in the next two days and all three would look real good with a certain top 10 scorer in the league in their lineup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

Huh  Demko was a second rounder wasn’t he. 

So 2nd rounders don’t amount to anything so the league is build on first rounders. 
Hard to build depth and a decent farm with no picks. 

Round Percentage of Players to play an NHL Game
1 94%
2 70%
3 54%
4 44%

You pick the one 2nd rounder of maybe two we’ve had success with in the last 15 years…:lol:

70% playing an NHL game doesn’t mean they’re regular NHLers. Might wanna check how many play 100, 200, or even 300 plus games. Spoiler it’s not that much.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1