The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Nicolas Deslauriers to Wild for 2023 3rd-round pick

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Ducks trade Nicolas Deslauriers to Wild for 2023 3rd-round pick
1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, I guess ANA knows that playoffs are doubtful (like the Canucks), and they're actually doing things to improve their future. What a concept. 

image.gif.45c7345a0623b495f196f280b7e0e36a.gif

lol

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, I guess ANA knows that playoffs are doubtful (like the Canucks), and they're actually doing things to improve their future. What a concept. 

I'm convinced our owner gets in the way of making important asset building trades.  

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I would have 100% paid a 3rd for this guy.  he IS the deterrent we have been looking for to back up Petey and Hughes from being abused on the ice.

UFA though. Can perhaps get him or something like him for free in offseason (fingers crossed)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It would be such a Canuck thing to dress a guy like Motte tonight because they are "fighting" for a playoff spot only to watch him get hurt.

Fun fact, Deslauriers played as a defensemen when he was drafted by the LA Kings.

He switched to LW as he started his pro career with the Buffalo Sabres.

That aside, I would love someone like him on our team on the fourth line. He isn't just an enforcer, but a smart PK player.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm convinced our owner gets in the way of making important asset building trades.  

I wonder if VAN management is looking at it like: ANA is selling, so they're bowing out, which means we have a good chance!!!  Oh my gosh, Mr. Aquafina is going to be so happy with playoff revenue. Forget about selling, we need more guys for our magical run!  :frantic:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder if VAN management is looking at it like: ANA is selling, so they're bowing out, which means we have a good chance!!!  Oh my gosh, Mr. Aquafina is going to be so happy with playoff revenue. Forget about selling, we need more guys for our magical run!  :frantic:

JR, after dealing with Aquilweinie for the last few months, must be thinking about going back to his rocking chair.  

• Haha 1