The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Buffalo Sabres @ Vancouver Canucks | 20 March 2022 | 7:00pm @ The Rog (Buyers or Sellers Edition!)

Rate this topic

diesel_3

Just now, higgyfan said:

They lose tonight, there will be trades tomorrow.  If a team offers a good haul for Miller, they

will trade.  I think they already have an idea of whether Miller wants to say or go to a contender.

Nothing out of Miller the last two games.  Maybe he's letting management know it's time to go?  

They need to trade Halak tomorrow

Chiasson is also a UFA and will likely just walk at the end of the season

Motte is also a UFA, but I have a feeling they might re-sign him.  Sure he wants to get a raise, but I don't think he's the type of guy who'll handcuff the Canucks or ask for the moon. He probably loves living and playing in VAN and could maybe accept $1.75 to keep playing here. 

EDIT - unless of course, another team offers a big haul for him, then he's adios

Edited by NUCKER67

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Aquilini (and his philosophy of the "retool") is the connection, or constant.  

I just don't buy that tho. He let Gillis do what he wanted to, Benning too. Rutherford isn't a yes man. 

Just now, JM_ said:

I just don't buy that tho. He let Gillis do what he wanted to, Benning too. Rutherford isn't a yes man. 

Gillis wanted to rebuild and got fired for  that suggestion, even though he had proven his worth to the club by building our best team ever.  Then Benning comes in and it's the retool.  Now Benning is out and JR/PA come in and it's the same retool philosophy.  Aquilini is the constant.

Just now, Alflives said:

Gillis wanted to rebuild and got fired for  that suggestion, even though he had proven his worth to the club by building our best team ever.  Then Benning comes in and it's the retool.  Now Benning is out and JR/PA come in and it's the same retool philosophy.  Aquilini is the constant.

Gillis got canned because he mishandled the Luongo situation. 

Sorry my friend, I can't join you on this train. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think we need to give the new mgmt group a fair shake, there's no connection between them and the Benning years.

I agree with you, but at the same time the last eight years aren't easily forgotten 

9 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

It may be difficult to find teams with cap space to take on one of our large contracts tbh. A lot of the contenders have already made their big moves, finding 5-6m of space for more would be difficult.

I suspect if we move anyone tomorrow its Motte, but based on how late in the game it is, I think Boeser stays. Maybe we try moving him in the offseason.

We may very well see our moves in the offseason, but if cap is the issue I hope we're open to retaining 

I agree we shouldn't make trades for the sake of making traded, but I think there are deals to be had

We'll find out

• Cheers 1

Just now, Roberts said:

judging by the interview, it sounded like right now they wont be trading boeser, hopefully he can get his game together.

Or don’t so he can come to terms on a friendly deal and have a great season next year. Kinda like Hughes last summer 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Gillis got canned because he mishandled the Luongo situation. 

Sorry my friend, I can't join you on this train. 

Gillis was on the old TEAM radio before he got canned and said he suggested the team change direction.  He added he didn't know if he was coming back to make that happen.  Then he was soon after fired.  It was with Ray and Scottie.