The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Buffalo Sabres @ Vancouver Canucks | 20 March 2022 | 7:00pm @ The Rog (Buyers or Sellers Edition!)

Rate this topic

diesel_3

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I have spent the last 3 days in Chilliwack

that should come with some kind of t-shirt 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So the last couple losses might be my fault. Sorry about that.

We'll win tonight.

Go Nucks.

:towel:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Gillis was on the old TEAM radio before he got canned and said he suggested the team change direction.  He added he didn't know if he was coming back to make that happen.  Then he was soon after fired.  It was with Ray and Scottie.  

Whatever happened with Gillis has no bearing now.

Frankie is learning from JR, not telling Him what to do.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I agree with you, but at the same time the last eight years aren't easily forgotten 

We may very well see our moves in the offseason, but if cap is the issue I hope we're open to retaining 

I agree we shouldn't make trades for the sake of making traded, but I think there are deals to be had

We'll find out

both Garland and Miller would be big moves for the NYR, e.g. so it might just have to go down to tomorrow morning. Along with maybe some more smaller moves. 

Patience, coconut. (pretty sure I've never used that phrase before)

• Haha 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Whatever happened with Gillis has no bearing now.

Frankie is learning from JR, not telling Him what to do.

Frankie hired another guy to "retool".  If not we would see guys like Motte, Miller, and others sitting out this game to protect our assets. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gillis was on the old TEAM radio before he got canned and said he suggested the team change direction.  He added he didn't know if he was coming back to make that happen.  Then he was soon after fired.  It was with Ray and Scottie.  

It was among the Italians. Gillis made Aqulini deal with his dad, and also fly to Florida to try to talk to Lu. Thats why Gillis got turfed, imo. 

7 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I have been sick of how soft this team is for a very long time; the Marchand speedbagging of Danny was not the beginning for me.

I have (more or less) stopped complaining about it on here because the newer generations always call me out, 'the game has changed' etc.

I still think you can only afford a couple or at most 3 smaller, softer players, and those players have to be your absolute superstars.

If we are keeping Quinn, and I think we are, then we can't have Rathbone, Garland, Hunt, Petan, perhaps Hoglander, etc.

We need a couple knuckle-draggers who are also smart, like Tim Hunter for example, and that know when to go and when to go light.

Gudbranson got away with a crosscheck on Petey that sent him to the ice, in part because he is twice as meaty as Petey.

And, how in the hell are you going to crash the net, create traffic in front, etc if you are easily pushed around?

When JR really gets going here, I hope he brings in some big, fast, and smart wingers who can drop 'em and go a few rounds.

Change the unis back to Black etc., this blue and green looks lovely at Butchart Frikkn Gardens!

I remember at the time, the psychologist or whoever it was said the old colours were too quiet or something.

Then they went with the new colours and iced a team that took no prisoners.

And that team went all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals when nobody thought they would.

End rant.  (Just sick of getting pushed around.  Kick somebody if you have to; how 'bout K'Puke when he's layin' on the ice, two-hand slashing Schenn; incidentally with another non-call.)  Aaaarrrrghh!!

This is why we need to go out and get a player like Delauriers for our bottom 6. Only have to pay a third but the effect on the players would be huge. 

Also Blue and green are generally calming colours, the black red and yellow is way more aggressive looking. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

both Garland and Miller would be big moves for the NYR, e.g. so it might just have to go down to tomorrow morning. Along with maybe some more smaller moves. 

Patience, coconut. (pretty sure I've never used that phrase before)

Or even post-game tonight if we lose 

We'll find out, these next five or six months will decide a lot of how the fanbase views management 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Difficult to win when your sitting on your ass.

Depends on what one sees as actually winning.  Motte gets injured tonight, and we win the game, but lose out on a good return (second round pick) is that winning?  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Frankie hired another guy to "retool".  If not we would see guys like Motte, Miller, and others sitting out this game to protect our assets. 

I don't think this team needs a rebuild.  We have some great pieces, as well as good assets for trades.

Sitting out before TD is not always standard.  They are still playing the 'trying to get into the playoffs'

game.  Hopefully that dog and pony show will end tonight, so they can move on to the business

of fixing this team.

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I have spent the last 3 days in Chilliwack

So the last couple losses might be my fault. Sorry about that.

We'll win tonight.

Go Nucks.

Having formerly lived in Chilliwack, I’m sorry you had to do that.

• Haha 1