The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kraken trade Mark Giordano, Colin Blackwell to Maple Leafs for 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

His underlying stats actually look decent, so I'll reserve judgement until I see him play...

There’s a reason he’s on the block and being traded. Bottom pairing LHD which are a dime a dozen. Hunt has looked fine. I just can’t see him being any better than Hunt so why waste the draft pick.

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

There’s a reason he’s on the block and being traded. Bottom pairing LHD which are a dime a dozen. Hunt has looked fine. I just can’t see him being any better than Hunt so why waste the draft pick.

Maybe, but you could then say that about any player that is traded.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Kraken trade Mark Giordano, Colin Blackwell to Maple Leafs for 2nd-round pick, 2nd-round pick, 3rd-round pick
11 minutes ago, mll said:

Toronto is so greasy with the cap. They really do treat trading like a video game. Their GM looks like a video game nerd to boot.

Edited by Slegr

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Kraken trade Mark Giordano, Colin Blackwell to Maple Leafs for 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick
Just now, Slegr said:

Toronto is so greasy with the cap. They really do treat trading like a video game. Their GM looks like a video game nerd to boot.

Brandon Pridham, their AGM, used to be senior director at the NHL's Central Registry.  He helped draft the 2012 CBA and was heavily involved in creating the salary cap system.