The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Travis Dermott to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

Just now, Devron said:

Totally pumped to get outta town haha. Hopefully he’s treated better here and plays the right way 

I'm happy to hear our analytics dept is excited about this. Even if he just plays with a lighter attitude it should help. 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I'm happy to hear our analytics dept is excited about this. Even if he just plays with a lighter attitude it should help. 

Yeah it’s gonna be a change that way. We will be using way more analytics. In the past we’ve acquired more players based on the old Hefty eye test. Lol seriously though both need to be taken into consideration because nothing is perfect or full proof 

Although I'd still prefer $3m in cap relief compared to $1.5m, I'm warming up to the idea of upgrading our Travis situation today. I remember when he started in the NHL and how good of a skater he is, so hopefully Shaw can turn him into a great trade. I like hearing analytics involved in a move as well. Plus, he seems like he has a great attitude and will fit in nicely with the guys.

• Upvote 1

I had a laugh when Dermott said his favourite Canuck was Travis Green

He seems happy to make the move but kind of struggled to show he had any real previous interest in the Canucks. I don’t mind that he had no previous interest in this team but it comes off a bit cringey

Hope he does well with the Nucks!

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That’s a hell of a lot better than one poster who studies fan comments on Reddit to comprise an opinion.

That's a funny way of saying actually talks to people who watch the player, instead of watching highlight packages.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Shayster007 said:

That's a funny way of saying actually talks to people who watch the player, instead of watching highlight packages.

I think it’s quite funny actually.

An opinion of others opinions,.  
a bit weak.

I’ll leave you with your Google reviews, .  and the best waffle iron money can buy.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think it’s quite funny actually.

An opinion of others opinions,.  
a bit weak.

I’ll leave you with your Google reviews, .  and the best waffle iron money can buy.

Right on. Keep on bashing that Tryamkin horn guy, you really hit the nail on the head with your opinions.

• Haha 1

Right on. Keep on bashing that Tryamkin horn guy, you really hit the nail on the head with your opinions.

He is a good player,   Showed it when he was here as a 21 yr old.

Just didn’t get here, not all the blame on him.

Google it. 

I'm gonna go ahead and assume this irony is entirely lost on you.

Well considering how you were telling other posters you “blocked” me,.  I find that statement quite oxy- moronic ..   

not only are your opinions watered down,. You can’t keep to your word.

I’ll stand by my opinion .. “a bit weak”.

6 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

So we:

- cleared cap

- got capital

- used that capital to get a more effective, cheaper, younger d man that can play both sides

Asset management folks.

Yeah something Benning cpuldnt figure out. He wpuld probably trade a 3rd and a 2nd just to get Dermott and still keep Hamonic for laughs and giggles

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Well considering how you were telling other posters you “blocked” me,.  I find that statement quite oxy- moronic ..   

not only are your opinions watered down,. You can’t keep to your word.

I’ll stand by my opinion .. “a bit weak”.

Lol nice dodge guy, you're doing fantastic.

I did, then I unblocked you to try to clear up all those wasted posts (you spend a LOT of time here). Only took about 2 weeks until I saw another immature shot, which is funny (and also kinda unsettling) because we haven't spoken in litterally months. Rent free baby, I'm living rent free.

Now back on the ignore you go knowing you still will be immature and upset at the fact that someone called you out all those many months ago and I'm best off just seeing your ignored content post then whatever this interaction was.

Edited by Shayster007

7 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Lol nice dodge guy, you're doing fantastic.

I did, then I unblocked you to try to clear up all those wasted posts (you spend a LOT of time here). Only took about 2 weeks until I saw another immature shot, which is funny (and also kinda unsettling) because we haven't spoken in litterally months. Rent free baby, I'm living rent free.

Now back on the ignore you go knowing you still will be immature and upset at the fact that someone called you out all those many months ago and I'm best off just seeing your ignored content post then whatever this interaction was.

That’s how I remember it,.  Take your ball and go home..   nothing new here.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1