The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins re-sign Jake DeBrusk

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

There are many ways of changing the structure of a team. Drafting, trading, UFA's.. unfortunately all these don't happen on the same day.... So there will be trades today that won't reset the structure today alone, but rather start things in motion 

I trust this new management group and the brilliant hockey minds. They will be making some trades today that at face value won't pass your grades, but they will also be opening up CAP for UFA this summer and acquiring picks. 

The structure will be shaken to the core... Have patience and consider that each move will be part of something greater.

"Trust me bro"

Alright then. Using this exact logic I can tell you the complete opposite and you're wrong. This is all completely based on speculation, and I'm saying with the information we have on hand, I wouldn't want to see a trade for DeBrusk. That has nothing to do with impatience. Its a reaction to a single variable. 

Just now, McBackup said:

"Trust me bro"

Alright then. Using this exact logic I can tell you the complete opposite and you're wrong. This is all completely based on speculation, and I'm saying with the information we have on hand, I wouldn't want to see a trade for DeBrusk. That has nothing to do with impatience. Its a reaction to a single variable. 

So did you even take the time to understand what I was saying? Don't focus in on a single variable when there are so many moving parts....you need to think like a GM on trade day, not someone who heard from a friend who heard from a friend that Debrusk is a bustaroo (as Alf calls people). Think big picture, now small.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, if this happens Garland for DeBrusk, at least the Canucks will have more size up front, maybe DeBrusk has a breakout season next year with VAN?

That would definitely need an additional like Lysell to equal the values.  Garland is better and more valuable that DeBrusk.

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

That would definitely need an additional like Lysell to equal the values.  Garland is better and more valuable that DeBrusk.

Well technically Debrusk has proven more at the NHL level than Garland. Is bigger with similar fiestiness and cost $1.5m less. 

I know he has some flaws likely, but most of them centre around not wanting to play in rat city... In a realistic world where cdc doesn't over value our players, Garlands contract ranks him slightly higher than Debrusk, but not much higher.  Forget Lysell

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

So did you even take the time to understand what I was saying? Don't focus in on a single variable when there are so many moving parts....you need to think like a GM on trade day, not someone who heard from a friend who heard from a friend that Debrusk is a bustaroo (as Alf calls people). Think big picture, now small.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I am reacting to that single variable, based on the information presented. There are an infinite amount of other things that could factor in, but those aren't being taken into account because that's impossible. If part of a DeBrusk deal was him personally paying for season tickets for me, that would be great and I'd be in favour of the move. If on the other hand the deal for DeBrusk was him for our next 50 first round picks, I would be opposed. Are those examples hyperbolic? Absolutely. But thats my point. I am reacting solely to the idea of adding Jake DeBrusk to our current situation. If I'm not allowed to have an opinion on that because I'm "not looking at the bigger picture" and "management has a plan". I could just as easily say you shouldn't have an opinion on the Canucks trading Demko to Edmonton for magic beans for those exact same reasons.

Sounds like Debrusk might be going to Winnipeg. They have Stastny and Copp, one of which could fill the Bruins' need for a 2C. But Winnipeg doesn't just want picks back, they want something that will help them continue to try for a playoff spot.