The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Brad Richardson off waivers

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Lol no,  just reminded me of that accident.

but I’d wouldn’t mind seeing Tryamkin get out of Russia.. and back here. 

Even without the war that's not happening. He could have come over before signing his current deal there and just used the threat of coming here to get a better contract there. A contract that is less than half of what Benning offered him to stay here in the first place. He and his wife (in particular I believe) want to stay in their homeland. Write him off.

23 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Fitting.

I swear the Aquilini’s don’t wanna pay for other numbers…

This number has been worn way too much.

Did they just grab all the unsold Hawryluck and  Leipsic jerseys from the warehouse and replace the nameplates?

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I swear the Aquilini’s don’t wanna pay for other numbers…

This number has been worn way too much.

Did they just grab all the unsold Hawryluck and  Leipsic jerseys from the warehouse and replace the nameplates?

Leipsic wore 9 here. 

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Honestly Dickinson’s work ethic isn’t his issue, lack of hands and fo skill this year is another story. 

He's throwing the most hits per 60 played omong our forwards. The disappointment is his production. Far less than expected.

• Cheers 1

Nothing wrong with claiming Richardson, but it's the entirety of the moves.

We paid a 3rd, gained a 4th, all the while being 5 points out of a playoff spot. The moves made by management speak volumes about their confidence in us. The fact that they were ok being mediocre this season, in the hopes that we'll turn it around later in the season is baffling. Truly baffling.

They seriously couldn't settle on a lucrative offer on Miller? It's just very poor planning.

Its crazy how many staff we added to trade Hamonic for a 3rd, a 3rd for Dermott, Motte for a fourth and Richardson off of waivers. 

Overall I am happy that we got younger for next season, reduced our cap by 1.5 million, and also got a 4th round pick but pretty uneventful. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

What's the rationale on picking up a 37 year old player again?

They believe he can play here?

They think he will temporarily make up for the loss of Motte?

They think he brings better practice habits to the team?

Whole lot of angst on line today about a waiver wire pick up than can be put back on waivers if need be.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Nothing wrong with claiming Richardson, but it's the entirety of the moves.

We paid a 3rd, gained a 4th, all the while being 5 points out of a playoff spot. The moves made by management speak volumes about their confidence in us. The fact that they were ok being mediocre this season, in the hopes that we'll turn it around later in the season is baffling. Truly baffling.

They seriously couldn't settle on a lucrative offer on Miller? It's just very poor planning.

The only players we really had to move now were Motte, Chiasson, and Halak. Nobody is taking Chiasson or Halak. I think in the offseason one of Boeser or Miller gets moved but a lot of conversations need to happen with both players. 

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Lol no,  just reminded me of that accident.

but I’d wouldn’t mind seeing Tryamkin get out of Russia.. and back here.

The Russian authorities won’t let anyone of prominence come to the west. He may have to suit up for war.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1