The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How did JR/PA do on TDL 2022? (10 being best, 1 being worst)

Rate this topic

HKSR

Scale of 1 - 10, how did JR/PA do on TDL 2022?  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

. I have not been impressed with his communication skills thus far - can’t honestly say he’s any better than ol’ Jimbo was

Hard disagree lol. Jimbo was a communications disaster

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So where are all the folk that kept saying it was a sellers market? Lol

It was but these guys decided to sit on there hands all weekend waiting to see if the team won their games, lack of foresight and hesitation causes them to miss the boat.  Not a good look for the wonder team.

• Like 1

Just now, -SN- said:

Hard disagree lol. Jimbo was a communications disaster

Well, at least Jimbo had a down home country vibe, hair grease and all, that was kinda endearing in a way….….but infuriating to some for sure. ::D

Allvin…is just so….sleep inducing. How great would it be to have, let’s say, a Ray Ferraro-level type speaker as GM? One can dream….hey, maybe we forge new ground in sports one day with a husband wife management duo of Ray and Cammi. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Fen1010 said:

Did any top 4 young rhd get traded today or in the last couple of days? If not I will give management a slight pass.  That was one of our biggest needs, but if none got moved, hard to buy what is not for sale.

Justin Barron

• Like 1

I trust the coach 

If the decision was made to keep.this larger group together in the hopes that in a full season under Bruce we are a few player short ( can be added through UfA) then I get it

What I don't get is trading Motte for a bucket of pucks.

I get the swap of the 2 Travis's  if Hamonic wasn't in the plans going forward  then moving him for a younger reclamation project makes sense 

To keep most of this group together we need more cap space and we didn't create any

In the off season values are not as great .....

So kinda scratching the head on this ...if the4e is a plan would love to hear it is all

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Trades or something that made sense.

We gained 3 mil and lost 2 good players effectively giving up on the season while getting a 4th, a washed up 4th liner and Dermot who could not get into the Leafs D. 

We got worse with nothing to show for it.

Giving up on the season?

if anything today shows they are still clinging on to hopes.

Had they convinced Pearson to waive and traded him, and PAID to lose contracts in Poolman and Dickinson, it would be effectively packing it in.

what happened today addressed immediate upcoming cap issues and provided a little bit of rebound effect. 
don’t know what we have in Dermott yet, but he can play, and replaced Motter (unfortunately).

yeah the Motto line was great, but good players grow when they are asked to play independent on what they are used to. Now we get to see just how good the Llama and the Stoner are without Tyler.

sad to see him go, but he’s UFA, and could inevitably come right back.

we didn’t get fleeced, we moved what we could, and rewarded the boys who have played hard and got us back into playoff contention with an opportunity to still chase it. Morale will still be up for that hopefully (although I would prefer to tank as unrealistic as that might be)

The fact that they didn't make any dumb long-term moves is a win to me. I trust that there wasn't a market out there for anything bigger, and they will get stuff done in the off season. I'm hopeful that Dermott has upside vs Hamonic, and saves us some money, Motte clearly wasn't getting re-signed and they got something for him, so I'm fine with this trade deadline. Not exciting, but not terrible, and sometimes the moves you DON'T make are the best ones.

Edited by Strawbone
  • Like 2

Also, look at the likes of who was traded today. Mostly depth guys who will provide strong support come playoffs. 
Cup contending teams are not going to disrupt chemistry by trading for definitive top 6 guys who will supplant someone that they already have. Even Juice alluded to how fast a team can lose all traction because of one strong higher profile personality that doesn’t fit. 

offseason is the real test for this mgmt group. Maybe already too many cooks in that kitchen but we shall see

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Also, look at the likes of who was traded today. Mostly depth guys who will provide strong support come playoffs. 
Cup contending teams are not going to disrupt chemistry by trading for definitive top 6 guys who will supplant someone that they already have. Even Juice alluded to how fast a team can lose all traction because of one personality that doesn’t fit. 

offseason is the real test for this mgmt group. Maybe already too many cooks in that kitchen but we shall see

Vegas. 

• Cheers 1

If they had kept Motte, I would have said that they were gunning for the playoffs and hoping that now that the trade deadline is over, players will no longer be distracted and be able to focus again on playing well. But since they traded Motte, I really have no idea what the plan is. I'm hoping that at least the groundwork has been laid down for bigger deals during the summer. I guess we'll see...

• Cheers 1

Aside from the extremely underwhelming position the team is in post the TDL, it's also concerning that Allvin decided to f up team chemistry for a 4th round pick. Motte was an important part of a close knit group that was still fighting despite their challenges. Way to send a message to your group. I hope the summer turns out to be much better for this management team, and I will wait until then to fully assess them, but this TDL is a huge facepalm. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The facts are.

We didn't clear enough cap space to sign who we have let alone meet Boesers QO or give Miller the raise he will dictate his play suggests he'll get.  We actually managed to get older up front and moved sideways on the blue line.  We didn't gain any appreciable picks to speak of.  

Essentially all we did was ensure we won't move far enough forward to gain a top 10 pick or quality lottery chance.  We didn't improve enough to ensure the playoffs are a possibility.

All we did was tread water while maintaining the reality of being a maximum cap team with no serious prospects.

You nailed it. We’ll have essentially 4.5 million to get 8 players under contract IF we qualify Brock @7.5. 

Other teams will circle us knowing this. Maybe the best we can do is a 3rd rd pick for him.  They’ll know that we most likely won’t qualify him and they’ll be willing to take a chance on him if he makes UFA.  
Or option B is that we trade away Miller or Horvat to sign Boeser. 

18 minutes ago, thrago said:

It was but these guys decided to sit on there hands all weekend waiting to see if the team won their games, lack of foresight and hesitation causes them to miss the boat.  Not a good look for the wonder team.

Can't blame them... they ran out of time :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 13231 said:

Aside from the extremely underwhelming position the team is in post the TDL, it's also concerning that Allvin decided to f up team chemistry for a 4th round pick. Motte was an important part of a close knit group that was still fighting despite their challenges. Way to send a message to your group. I hope the summer turns out to be much better for this management team, and I will wait until then to fully assess them, but this TDL is a huge facepalm. 

Have one look at the Rags roster and then calculate their cap for next year. I would be very surprised if Motte is part of that team. If anything PA is giving him a better chance at a cup. Let’s just see where Motte ends up and for how much before lambasting the move.

It absolutely sucks for us, I agree.

But it may end up we got a 4th for free, we just don’t know yet 

Edited by RWJC

Just now, RWJC said:

Have one look at the Rags roster and then calculate their cap for next year. I would be very surprised if Motte is part of that team. If anything PA is giving him a better chance at a cup. Let’s just see where Motte ends up and for how much before lambasting the move.

Would be awesome if we re-signed him as a UFA

• Cheers 2