The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Evgenii Dadonov, conditional 2023 2nd-round pick to Ducks for Ryan Kesler, John Moore (VOIDED)

40 minutes ago, mll said:

Don't see Vegas wanting Weber at all.  Kesler is on an expiring contract while Weber would cost them cap space for another 4 seasons.

Vancouver probably lost more than Halak's bonus in cap space because they are operating in LTIR + they'll have an overage.   

They need an LTIR contract though no? They can’t really be choosy.

If Dadonov won’t go to Anaheim what options do they have?

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They need an LTIR contract though no? They can’t really be choosy.

If Dadonov won’t go to Anaheim what options do they have?

There's no reason for them to need an LTIR contract.  LTIR doesn't create cap space and actually limits it - can't bank cap space in LTIR.

Kesler was part of the cost to off-load Dadonov - Vegas would certainly prefer not be forced to take him back.  Anaheim wants to move that contract so they can bank more cap space for their performance bonuses and avoid a carry over into next season.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

There's no reason for them to need an LTIR contract.  LTIR doesn't create cap space and actually limits it - can't bank cap space in LTIR.

Kesler was part of the cost to off-load Dadonov - Vegas would certainly prefer not be forced to take him back.  Anaheim wants to move that contract so they can bank more cap space for their performance bonuses and avoid a carry over into next season.  

Ahh okay.

So you gotta think the Knights already tried shopping Dadonov and that was the best offer they could get.

Gotta think they’re gonna have to up their offer quite a bit especially if they’re not helping out another team. Maybe a first and a prospect now with retention? Only way I see a team helping them out.

mll when it's comes to cap and LTIR and the fine print ...and hey i've read the CBA it's really a boring read.  Who cares about 30 pages about what type of hotels and extras these guys get ... we need it dumbed down!  Thank god for mll. math teacher GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I really hope this means Vegas has to dump a contract and get hosed for it.

I do wonder what happens now.  How does Vegas get cap compliant?  Do they just not get to activate Martinez?  That would seem like a small price to pay.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I do wonder what happens now.  How does Vegas get cap compliant?  Do they just not get to activate Martinez?  That would seem like a small price to pay.

As soon as a player is eligible, they have to come off of the LTIR. My guess is Vegas will have to trade a significant piece for nothing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

As soon as a player is eligible, they have to come off of the LTIR. My guess is Vegas will have to trade a significant piece for nothing

Considering they had to use a 2nd to try and move Dadonov while taking on LTIR and a cap penalty player in Moore, I doubt anyone will take Dadonov off their hands now without a massive sweetener.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

and who employs the doctors that make the decision?  Even if healthy I wonder if some of these team doctors are to be trusted.  A team like Vegas cannot be trusted on any level.  

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Considering they had to use a 2nd to try and move Dadonov while taking on LTIR and a cap penalty player in Moore, I doubt anyone will take Dadonov off their hands now without a massive sweetener.

And that team has to be NOT on Dadanov's no trade too.  I'm saying Vegas is totally screwed.  :towel: