The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

26 minutes ago, Darius said:

Garland is a good 40-50pt winger, but hes not on the same level as EP.  I think this board over inflates some players (like Garland) and makes whipping boys of other players.  Garland isnt great defensively, turns over the puck more than a lot of the forwards (3rd in give aways for forwards), and is tiny.  I dont think the team is constructed correctly if a third of our top 3 line offence individually weigh less than 175lbs or are smaller than 5'10".  IMHO Garland can be the guy that is flipped for a good d man in the off season.

Garland has never gotten past the 40pt mark in his career.  Perhaps he will one day as some posters say he should replace Boeser on the PP and play with better players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Demko is by far more overrated here than Petey.  

Ugh.

I mean, sure - Demko is still technically 'unproven'. But the guy is going to eclipse 30 wins this year.

There really haven't been that many Canucks goaltenders to do that, and this is not a good team he's playing behind...

Anyways, I am starting to get concerned that Pettersson is not the player we thought he is, but he is certainly still a very valuable player.

Like others have said, his leg strength is what's holding him back right now. Because he does have great defensive instincts, and isn't exactly slow.

But he could be faster, and needs to be stronger on his skates to win battles. He's all effort, but not executing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Worst officiated game of the season AINEC.

F***ing infuriating. Hughes hauled down clear as day no call. Pettersson hooked down & Player Name Ek scores. Horvat slashed in the face, responds, & we get the penalty. Demko hacked countless times & nothing (and you can't do anything or they call retaliation, as we saw)

So frustrating. And of course Dallas get outshot like 50-15 & wins. The hockey gods just hate us.

F*** Minnesota. 

That irritates me to no end how they kept their sticks in on Demko. 

The officiating is reminiscent of when Burrows seemed to always have the refs calling anything they choose on Canucks. 

• Like 1

Really getting the feeling that we are going to play well enough to just miss the playoffs while simultaneously hurting our draft position. Honestly, everything rests on the Dallas game. And the out of town scoreboard was not kind to us tonight. 

On a side note, freakin LOVED the way Podz played angry tonight. Do that every night young bull then ol’ Brucie won’t be benching you in the third anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

He does stay engaged. Ya makes you wonder what the (frank) happened with Pouty for the first three months: he never back checked. Never stole the puck. He just didn’t give a (frank) i guess. Can’t win with players like that

But ... we are winning with a player like that.

5 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

On a side note, freakin LOVED the way Podz played angry tonight. Do that every night young bull then ol’ Brucie won’t be benching you in the third anymore.

Podz had an awesome game; great energy and power; all over the ice (in a good way); standing up to a tough team; Podz is way better than Hogz.

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Garland has never gotten past the 40pt mark in his career.  Perhaps he will one day as some posters say he should replace Boeser on the PP and play with better players.

I realize that, I was going to say good 40pt winger (as hes put up 39 points in less than 82 games 2wice in a row now) but it looks like he will break 40 points this year...so I buffered it.

Just now, Darius said:

I realize that, I was going to say good 40pt winger (as hes put up 39 points in less than 82 games 2wice in a row now) but it looks like he will break 40 points this year...so I buffered it.

I know.  But some posters are sticklers to the facts.  Like saying Boeser is a 30g scorer…but he has never actually gotten 30 goals at all yet.  Close but no cigar.

Just now, BPA said:

I know.  But some posters are sticklers to the facts.  Like saying Boeser is a 30g scorer…but he has never actually gotten 30 goals at all yet.  Close but no cigar.

ok man, if the 1 extra point bugs you i formally appologize.

10 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Really getting the feeling that we are going to play well enough to just miss the playoffs while simultaneously hurting our draft position. Honestly, everything rests on the Dallas game. And the out of town scoreboard was not kind to us tonight. 

Podz confidence seems to waiver but when he has it he can be a bull. He can play in these style games no problem.

I think he'll take longer to reach his peak but will be a rly valuable PWF when he does. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I wouldn't sweat our draft position. I agree, that playoffs are gonna be tough to make, real tough. But we were never going to draft in the top tier anyways. After top ten, the draft evens out to more of a crap shoot 10 to 15 anyways. 

Man, you'd think we had lost.

That was a valiant effort by an exhausted team and they lost  by a post.

It is over; get over it.

Bringing out all your trade predictions after we just went 3/4 in 18 hour turnaround against two of the top teams, etc.

Chicago and LA in shootout right now.

• Upvote 1

Ah well....IMHO ...they did good for b2b...best one thus far this year....rest up boys ..you're gonna need that energy and fight again when you go to Dallas....if nothing else you will make these last 16 games interesting....even though your percentages have dropped even further....B)

i dunno i think the season is over.. Demko have been overplayed this season and he's worn down.. he lost 6 of his last 7 games.. he's been ok and made some great saves in those games.. but haven't exactly been the demko we've seen all season.. he's simply not used to playing that many games all of a sudden.